No announcement yet.

Best 300 win mag brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up, Gunwerks has 300wm brass in stock. I just ordered 200. They are made by ADG. There are a ton of reviews online about how good ADG is, but ADG 300wm is out of stock until late March. Now to work up a load with some Hammer Hunters!

Comment

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Comment

Well I ended up ordering some gunwerks brass this morning. If it's anything like the reviews it should be pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
          Well I ended up ordering some gunwerks brass this morning. If it's anything like the reviews it should be pretty good
          I’m hoping so too. I picked up 2 lbs of 7828ssc today. Looking forward to testing them out

Comment

I saw some Hornady 300 WM brass in BP in San Antonio this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
              Would you guys mind weighing a few pieces when they arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                I will, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  I'll weigh some also. I'm curious to see how consistent the weights are across a few different batches of brass

Comment

Butches shows 100 count in stock for 156.00

Comment

Another:

https://www.precisionreloading.com/c...76&l=NM&ca=300 Winchester Mag

Comment

Gunwerks Brass just got here. Upon a quick once over it looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got mine today also.

I bought 200 sticks and weighed 10 random pieces out of each 100.

First lot weighed from 250.7-252.9 grains

Second lot weighed from 248.3-250.2 grains

All were weighed on a charge master digital scale

Seems like each lot was very consistent but the averages between the 2 lots were 2 grains different. I don't know if that's an acceptable range or not but it seems pretty close to me. I haven't really weight sorted my brass before. The brass looks good and seems to be good quality. I guess time will tell. I'm thinking of loading the heavier brass first to work up a load since you would think it would be thicker and have less case volume than the lighter brass. Should have pressure signs sooner with the lower case volume.
                          Let me know if anyone else wants any other measurements

Comment

Brownells has Norma 300WM brass in stock, $116 for 100.

Everything is now ordered for the APR build.
                            Norma brass
                            Berger 190 VLD
                            Hodgdon H4350 powder
                            Federal 215 primers

Went with Robert's advice and ordered enough of everything to last nearly forever.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              Bertram Brass has it in stock. 100 pieces for $155.00

I know nothing about Bertram brass quality though.
                              I like Bertram. I use it for a .338 Edge and it is good quality and uniform. I haven’t used it for anything but the Edge.

Comment

I don’t know what the heck is going on. It just went from hard to find the good stuff, to suddenly hard to find ANY 300WM brass! Crazy how quickly that happened. I’m used to dealing with brass shortages with many rounds, but the 300WM........really? You 270, 308 and 30-06 boys better stock up while you can! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X