Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=keatonskidmore;14035366]
    Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post

30 would have got you in the money on last weekends hunt.
    Where you hunting at? I’ve hunted Del Rio a few times and out of the 8 cats we killed one night 3 were in the 26-27 pound range and the rest were in the 18-22 pound range. Called in 13 cats total on one ranch. Lots of cats but not many really big ones.
    Ridiculous amount of foxes lol.
    You're not kidding about the foxes. I hunted on a lease in Val Verde County a couple years ago and that place was covered up in foxes. You couldn't drive around at night without seeing a handful every time.

Comment

[quote=keatonskidmore;14035366]
      Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post

30 would have got you in the money on last weekends hunt.
      Where you hunting at? I’ve hunted Del Rio a few times and out of the 8 cats we killed one night 3 were in the 26-27 pound range and the rest were in the 18-22 pound range. Called in 13 cats total on one ranch. Lots of cats but not many really big ones.
      Ridiculous amount of foxes lol.

Im in duval and Jim wells county. West of kingsville

Comment

[quote=hoyt21;14035507]
        Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post

Im in duval and Jim wells county. West of kingsville

Oh yeah that’s way south.

Comment

Thinking about running my soon to be 6.5 PRC on Aoudad.

Any reccomendations on a good outfitter with decent success rates?

Comment

Originally posted by GyrPer1 View Post

Look up High West Outfitters on FB or online!! Their a good outfit and knock down lots of good rams.

Comment

Originally posted by GyrPer1 View Post

Just got these back from a hunt with James Flemming last year. He's down in the Devil's River area on an awesome piece of ground. Have hunted with him a couple times now, and will be again. Good numbers and great quality. Both of these hit the 34" mark. If you are willing to put in the effort and miles, you'll likely get an opportunity on a monster. PM me for contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                Just got these back from a hunt with James Flemming last year. He's down in the Devil's River area on an awesome piece of ground. Have hunted with him a couple times now, and will be again. Good numbers and great quality. Both of these hit the 34" mark. If you are willing to put in the effort and miles, you'll likely get an opportunity on a monster. PM me for contact info.

One of the reasons I'm building a 300WM. Wanting to hunt a few big and tough critters like this, Nilgai and Elk. No sense in not bringing enough gun.

Robert, is this a spot and stalk hunt? Sounds that way if you're talking about putting in the miles vs watching a feeder. That's what I'm looking for and the DR area gives you lots of canyons and draws making for a challenging hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  One of the reasons I'm building a 300WM. Wanting to hunt a few big and tough critters like this, Nilgai and Elk. No sense in not bringing enough gun.

Robert, is this a spot and stalk hunt? Sounds that way if you're talking about putting in the miles vs watching a feeder. That's what I'm looking for and the DR area gives you lots of canyons and draws making for a challenging hunt.
                  Yes, getting out and covering ground/glassing is the primary hunting method. There are some feeders on the place though. The place has a bunch of vertical and lots of roadless areas, so if you want to see much of it, you need to cover ground. For sure it's the most effective way to locate the bigger rams. But sometimes it's nice to just sit on a ridge and watch a feeder in the bottom of a canyon. Especially in the evenings when your legs and feet have had enough for the day He's pretty accommodating to hunting style based on your wants/physical abilities.........and he's long-range friendly. His track record on 30"+ rams is impressive.

Comment

Man when I saw that Robert posted in this thread I couldn’t open it fast enough. Was hoping to see a bunch of actions or barrels lined up looking pretty.

Comment

^^^^Sounds like fun but it's going to be after Elk which will tap me out.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                        Man when I saw that Robert posted in this thread I couldn’t open it fast enough. Was hoping to see a bunch of actions or barrels lined up looking pretty.
                        Lol x2 I’m like a kid waiting on Santa lol

Comment

No doubt! Anyone heard if the tier 2 steel barrel builds are still looking to be ready next month?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            No doubt! Anyone heard if the tier 2 steel barrel builds are still looking to be ready next month?
                            Some barrels have already started delivering from both manufacturers, which is ahead of schedule. Actions are on a steady weekly delivery, mostly right on schedule with the G2s running a little behind. The stocks are on track according to all reports. All in all, things are looking pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              Some barrels have already started delivering from both manufacturers, which is ahead of schedule. Actions are on a steady weekly delivery, mostly right on schedule with the G2s running a little behind. The stocks are on track according to all reports. All in all, things are looking pretty dang good.
                              That's got to feel good to have it all running so smoothly as compared to the hiccups last year.

Comment

thanks for the update, all sounds great

Comment

Working...
                                X