6.5 Creedmore issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    I thought the 6.5 was designed for long distance shooting at plates, coyotes and prairie dogs?
    Those poor prairie dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
      Looking like I'll be looking for some eldx

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      I got about 10 boxes. I'll send you one to try out. Send me your mailing address or I'll try to swing by this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a 6.5 last year to play around with. I like it, but, by my experience, it's not really a good round for shots under 100yrd. At 3-450 is where ir excels. I love shooting it at 600yrd.
        The wide 10 I got this season was at about 60yrds and there was no damage. Round was too fast for that range.
        I won't sell mine, but I probably won't take it hunting as often as I will my 06. Sure is nice to know that I can drop them at 600yrd though

Comment

I've got time, we'll be fishing before I shoot again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
            I got a 6.5 last year to play around with. I like it, but, by my experience, it's not really a good round for shots under 100yrd. At 3-450 is where ir excels. I love shooting it at 600yrd.
            The wide 10 I got this season was at about 60yrds and there was no damage. Round was too fast for that range.
            I won't sell mine, but I probably won't take it hunting as often as I will my 06. Sure is nice to know that I can drop them at 600yrd though

Really? 2700 FPS is too fast to kill a deer inside 100 yards? I’ve got a 7 WBY that begs to differ...

Either that, or the sarcasm went right over my head!

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
              I ran the 123 Amax and it did really good, the 140 Amax was ok but I didn't get good expansion at further distance.
              A max is a match bullet. Not designed for game. SST AND ELDX are designed for Killing/Harvesting/Taking game.

Comment

If you've been buying Creedmore ammo, that's your problem right there.
                Get ya some Hornady Creedmoor and you'll be good.

Comment

Sell the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 PRC will obsolete it.

Then in two years Hornady will come out with another 6.5 whizzbang and make the 6.5 PRC obsolete.

Might as well just shoot a 7mm-08 and save your money. J/K
                  Last edited by Radar; 01-25-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Haven’t had an animal take a step with mine with 143eldx. All behind shoulder

Comment

I shot many deer with my 6.5 Grendel and the Hornady 123 SST, they almost always ran a good distance before dropping, and not all passed thru, actually had better luck with the Hornady 123 gr Amax. I'm a big fan of the 6.5 caliber and have been shooting the Creed for about 7 years now and have had really good results with the Hornady 140 gr Interlock SP, cant recall any not completely passing thru.

Comment

Barnes VOR-TX

Comment

Funny How thin skinned some of the posters are as well the whitetail deer . Ton of guys Use Amax and other target bullets to harvest game with . Now I would not suggest it for a Elk or something that has some real mass and bone structure.

Double lug a deer with a target bullet watch what happens . massive trauma

Comment

6.5 Creedmore issue

Imo 125 is a light bullet. I love the 143 ELDX. Has done nasty work on the two deer I shot this year. Now both were neck shots and were nasty. My son has taken several hogs this year with the same bullet and all have dropped where they stood.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

This is a video of me shooting a buck at 280 with Hornady American Whitetail ammo. I’ve shot four deer with it and none have gone more than 10 yards. I’ve shot 20+ pigs with it. All high shoulder shots. None have taken another step. I’m sold on it.
                              Last edited by Throwin Darts; 01-27-2019, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post

Sarcasm?

Comment

Working...
                                X