Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

which Carry gun and why? List please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post
    I will be looking hard at a new 43X for my next ccw.
    Those things look goofy, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      If you feel like you need more than 5 or 6 rounds from a carry gun for your personal protection you are are probably frequenting the wrong kinda places or running with the wrong crowd. I have tried lots of carry guns but always come back to a Ruger SP101 in 357 easy to conceal and shoots where I point it.
      Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
      Totally agree with this.

Based on what?

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3l6BR4YXKY"]TILL IT'S EMPTY - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        Those things look goofy, to me.
        If I wanted a pretty gun, I’d carry my 1911. I prefer reliability over looks in a carry weapon , so I’ll stick with Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          If I wanted a pretty gun, I’d carry my 1911. I prefer reliability over looks in a carry weapon , so I’ll stick with Glock.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            Tell that to the guys in active shooter scenarios where they’re outgunned, either with multiple shooters or a high capacity rifle. It does happen.
            Exactly. Between the movie theaters, and the schools just can't understand what they were thinkin goin to places of such ill repute. lol

Comment

Did the lcp and was probably enough but jumped over to the g26. G26 too thick. Looking at shield 9mm. I laugh at shot placement comments. Ask anyone in a shootout and you’re grabbing cover while flinging lead most the time. I think I’d go with capacity over knockdown at this stage, but that will change again soon I’m sure haaa.

Comment

Started out with kimber custom target model, far to big. Then a glock 30, still a little big. Then a Kahr p380 great size and shoots great, still carry it a lot. And a glock 43 fits just right now days also. Really like both.

Comment

I carry a Glock 43 with a 2 round extended mag in the warmer time of the year. I carry an H&K VP9SK when it’s cold. The VP9SK is thicker and I can comceal it easier with jackets or hoodies

Comment

Usually a glock 19 with tritium sites and a royal arms trigger. Sometimes I have my Ruger 10 mm with me in my truck. It’s always shot very reliable with a great trigger and very accurate. Just too big to carry around all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                      Based on what?
                      Not sure what the original intent on the person I was agreeing with was, but I agree that you can never have too much ammo.
                      But... I also don't think you should feel under gunned if your pistol only carries 6 rounds for a daily concealed pistol.
                      The way I carry, I can't conceal a double stack and feel quite comfortable with only 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                        Look at the new Glock 43X and 48. You're welcome.
                        I will never understand why anyone would buy one of those instead of a g19.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                          I carry for personal defense and to stop an attacker, not a gun battle.

And I totally agree with you, I only need one shot for deer hunting, unless a herd is attacking me. HaHa
                          Stopping an attacker is a gun battle in most cases. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            I will never understand why anyone would buy one of those instead of a g19.
                            i love my 19 and will not stop carrying it, but I can definitely understand it. I don't think the 19 is "uncomfortable", but a thinner version would definitely be more comfortable. I'll likely be picking one up.

Comment

Kahr cm40 - make you a great deal on a stainless

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                i love my 19 and will not stop carrying it, but I can definitely understand it. I don't think the 19 is "uncomfortable", but a thinner version would definitely be more comfortable. I'll likely be picking one up.
                                I could see that, but at the expense of 5 rounds, I don’t see the attraction.

When was less ammo a good thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X