Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

which Carry gun and why? List please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G23. 13 rounds of .40 goodness in the mid size package. With the right holster, I forget its even there.

Sometimes a 1911 full size Kimber.

Comment

Depends on what mood I'm in at that time.
      My favorite it a Sig 226 Legion in 35 Sig, but it's kinda bulky. I have various and sundried 1911's I carry sometimes, everything from a compact Kimber to a full size Colt in 38 Super (awesome round BTW). Have a few wheel guns, but I rarely carry them. I do have a few plastic guns, GLocks, XDM, etc, but I really prefer carrying the all steel stuff.

Comment

I've carried them all from little Ketec 32's and 380's to commander sized high end 1911's and all the Glocks, Springfields, S&W's (wheel guns and M&P's) The only one for me anymore is the P365. Just my opinion but it fits me like a glove shoots laser straight and brings a full frame size load of medicine. And it conceals nicely in my pocket.

Comment

Springfield XDS 40 with belt and holster from Tucker Gunleather, most comfortable combination I have outside of a Kimber micro 9 in the pocket.

Comment

G43
            +2 mag extension (some TTI, some Hyve)

I’ve had to learn to shoot it, it revealed some shortcomings in my shooting grip.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

1- Glock 19
              2- Colt 1911
              3- Sig 238
              4- Sig 239
              5- Kimber micro 9mm
              6- M&P shield 2.0 9mm with thumb safety

I love my Glock but have found the M&P to be my favorite CC pistol as I run a iwb holster. If I were to open carry, I’d be more inclined to carry the G19 though.

Comment

1. Glock 27 was just a little to bulky
                2. Ruger LCP is perfect, easy to carry and fits perfect in my hand.

Comment

XDs 45 until they came out with the XDe 45. Changed to the e immediately. I like carrying decocked and the single action after wards.

Also at one time carried a XD 45 compact. If I loved striker fired guns, this one would be it. Maybe if I tried the XD Mod 2 subcompact 45, I might change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                    Totally agree with this.
                    This sounds like an anti gun ad, are you serious? If you need more than a musket you are shooting at the wrong deer.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                      If you feel like you need more than 5 or 6 rounds from a carry gun for your personal protection you are are probably frequenting the wrong kinda places or running with the wrong crowd. I have tried lots of carry guns but always come back to a Ruger SP101 in 357 easy to conceal and shoots where I point it.
                      Tell that to the guys in active shooter scenarios where they’re outgunned, either with multiple shooters or a high capacity rifle. It does happen.

Comment

Glock 43 9mm because I’m to lazy to carry anything bigger and it’s very easy to conceal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the new Glock 43X and 48. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                            This sounds like an anti gun ad, are you serious? If you need more than a musket you are shooting at the wrong deer.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
                            I carry for personal defense and to stop an attacker, not a gun battle.
                            And I totally agree with you, I only need one shot for deer hunting, unless a herd is attacking me. HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                              Look at the new Glock 43X and 48. You're welcome.
                              I will be looking hard at a new 43X for my next ccw.

Comment

SW99 Compact, 8+1 in .40. Carried iwb in a Crossbreed Supertuck.
                                Why? I bought it because it got good reviews. It's a double stack, but that's all I've ever carried, so I don't know any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X