No announcement yet.

Those with suppressors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No downside to having it threaded. If you don't want to suppress, leave it off and shoot without it, if you do, you can.
    I seldom shoot much of anything without one on it anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      I despise shooting unsuppressed now that I have suppressors. It’s a much better shooting experience all the way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Good gosh...look what the cat drug in. So good to see you again compadre!!

We need to figure out a way to get together, I gotta suppressed M16 you need to pay with.

Comment

It stinks shooting w/o mine.

Comment

I shot at some pigs yesterday unsuppressed with truck gun because can was on deer gun , first thing this morning i was putting can back on truck gun. love those cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Good gosh...look what the cat drug in. So good to see you again compadre!!

We need to figure out a way to get together, I gotta suppressed M16 you need to pay with.
            For a minute there I thought some noob bumped a 5 year old thread. Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              I despise shooting unsuppressed now that I have suppressors. It’s a much better shooting experience all the way around

I agree. 1 year ago I woulda said your crazy but not that I have a can, I won't shoot unsuppresed

Comment

Suppress all the things...everything i own now is either threaded with muzzle devices or direct threaded, except for a few cheaper pistols for truck guns.

Comment

I'll go against the grain: I use them on some guns (under 20"), don't on others. Especially since getting amplified shooting ear buds it's not as big a deal.

Comment

If I am not hunting I always shoot suppressed. If I am hunting, it depends. Varmint hunting with SBR's, always suppressed. Deer hunting, it is about 50/50 and really depends on the blind, or spot setup. If I am expecting to need to get the gun up quickly it will likely not be suppressed.

To your question, I would get it threaded. I am in the process of buying another barrel for my .308 that will be 16", and after that I suspect I will never deer hunt unsuppressed again.

Comment

Would you buy a new truck without a muffler

Comment

I have a crux Suppressor and I shoot more without it than I do with it. I wear ear protection even when the suppressor is on because it’s still very loud. All in all I was very disappointed in the purchase of my suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          I don't shoot without it. And I will never buy another gun without a threaded barrel.
                          This.

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                          you’ll also look down on everyone you shoot with who is unsuppressed. At least I do. Lol
                          Also this

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                            No downside to having it threaded. If you don't want to suppress, leave it off and shoot without it, if you do, you can.
                            I seldom shoot much of anything without one on it anymore though.

you're wrong about that. It hurts your resale value with a lot of people. Many of them want nothing to do with possibly being investigated for having a silencer, or even just being looked at funny at the range.

I was shooting suppressed 35 years ago. There's zero reason to not have a can on a rifle, for a fact. I sure wouldn't, but I also wont own non autoloading guns, nor any that I can't take down and conceal in a backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                              Agreed. Not only will you only shoot suppressed now, you’ll also look down on everyone you shoot with who is unsuppressed. At least I do. Lol
                              Yes sir

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              I don't shoot without it. And I will never buy another gun without a threaded barrel.
                              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              I’m ashamed to admit this, but I do too.

Might as well thread it, then you can put a protector on it or a muzzle device.

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post
                                you're wrong about that. It hurts your resale value with a lot of people. Many of them want nothing to do with possibly being investigated for having a silencer, or even just being looked at funny at the range.

I was shooting suppressed 35 years ago. There's zero reason to not have a can on a rifle, for a fact. I sure wouldn't, but I also wont own non autoloading guns, nor any that I can't take down and conceal in a backpack.

I am a bit taken back by that comment . Being that Millions of firearms are made today that come threaded , IE with or with out a MB on it . Install a El Cheapo brake on the gun.

I cannot think of anyone that worries about being investigated for a thread barrel

Comment

Working...
                                X