• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    Price? Dealer?

Around $500 and Big Tex Outdoors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
      Is this offer still going on? I saw it last year but I don't see it being advertised on their website now.
      Looks to be valid till 1/25/19
      America's Silencer Dealer. Capitol Armory is the nations largest SilencerCo, Dead Air and Thunder Beast dealer! Your number one source for silencers, suppressors, NFA weapons and all the accessories you need for maximum suppression.

Comment

What’s a good number on decibel reduction? I see some in the 20’s, some in the 30’s?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          What’s a good number on decibel reduction? I see some in the 20’s, some in the 30’s?

Don’t ever go by decibel reduction. Use side by side comparisons. There’s a million ways to manipulate the decibel reduction to whatever you want it to say. Use a cheaper meter that can’t capture the peak sound (most can’t), place the meter slightly behind the muzzle, place the meter at th shooters ear, longer barrel length than used by competitors, different caliber, different ammo, weak loaded ammo, environmental conditions, etc. They can all drastically change the reduction numbers, and many will do it to their benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Don’t ever go by decibel reduction. Use side by side comparisons. There’s a million ways to manipulate the decibel reduction to whatever you want it to say. Use a cheaper meter that can’t capture the peak sound (most can’t), place the meter slightly behind the muzzle, place the meter at th shooters ear, longer barrel length than used by competitors, different caliber, different ammo, weak loaded ammo, environmental conditions, etc. They can all drastically change the reduction numbers, and many will do it to their benefit.

So what would I look for to use on my 243,or 270? I just want it to be as quite as possible

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
              So what would I look for to use on my 243,or 270? I just want it to be as QUIET as possible
              SilencerCo Harvester or Dead Air Sandman Ti.

Both would serve you very well.

Comment

As much as I hate to recommend them I’d go Harvestor of the Ti for that purpose. My assumption is that both rifles are most likely light spotter weight barrels, and as such the 6 ounce difference of the Ti would be quite noticeable. The Harvester will have a slightly higher tone to it, which is a little less pleasant. It’s suppression is very close to the Ti though. I couldn’t differentiate any volume differences myself, but the Ti does offer a lower tone which is more pleasant to the ear. The Harvester directs the blast more back to the sides though, which means less volume down range. The Harvester comes in at 11 oz and the Ti in at 17.

Comment

I like my Gemtec quicksand titanium can after years using in LE and in the field it's versatile as well as light weight. they also make a steel version in the range you're looking at wanting to spend. It works well on my 308. 300BO and 7.62x39 with subsonic ammo. Grandson was mad because his pellet rifle was louder!!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    SilencerCo Harvester or Dead Air Sandman Ti.

Both would serve you very well.

Thanks. I know absolutely nothing about silencers. I’ll check these out.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      I was basing my recommendation from shooting a friends Hybrid, but I just ordered mine from Buds! Hard to pas up at that price(which increased from $50 since your post. They're onto us!). Paid $550 shipped with insurance to Silencer Shop. From there, they charge $50 for the transfer fee and $25 for the paperwork. I'm pumped!

I have a TBAC Ultra 7 that is not full auto rated but is great on the hunting rifles, and I wanted this one to be able to do some mag dumps/suppress a .450 Bushmaster with.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                        I was basing my recommendation from shooting a friends Hybrid, but I just ordered mine from Buds! Hard to pas up at that price(which increased from $50 since your post. They're onto us!). Paid $550 shipped with insurance to Silencer Shop. From there, they charge $50 for the transfer fee and $25 for the paperwork. I'm pumped!

I have a TBAC Ultra 7 that is not full auto rated but is great on the hunting rifles, and I wanted this one to be able to do some mag dumps/suppress a .450 Bushmaster with.
                        You're telling me. I paid almost a thousand dollar for that can when it came out.

Comment

What about a solvent trap converted for about $200.00

Comment

Working...
                          X