Best Factory Bolt-Action under $900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Factory Bolt-Action under $900

I'm about to buy a nicer bolt-action deer rifle to hopefully last forever. I'm set on it having a wood stock. This rifle will mainly get used for deer, hogs, and hopefully an elk eventually. I'm kind of leaning towards a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .30-06, but I wanted y'all's opinion. My budget excluding glass is about $900, what would y'all recommend?

Tikka

Comment

Definitely agree with the 30-06 choice. As for the rifle itself, you can find a like new Sako AV, Weatherby Mark V, Winchester, or other rifle that is much nicer than what you can find new for your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't go wrong with the model 70. That was going to be my suggestion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My last two bolt rifles were a Browning A bolt and Winchester feather weight ( I like .270's though). I shot the Browning a little better but the Winchester sure was a pretty rifle. I also liked the weight better when hiking the Laurel mountains in PA.

Comment

I just came accross the Browning AB3. Has anybody handled one? It’s a little cheaper than an A-bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can up it just a little, you do come across pretty clean Pre-64's Model 70's in 30-06 & 270's with lots of life for around $1k.

This is how I would spend it if it were my $$$$...love those guns.

Comment

Winchester model 70,Remington 700 or any Ruger of your choice. I'll even throw in Savage as an option. They're plenty accurate and reliable right out of the box to do whatever you need to do.

Comment

New- Browning, Sako, Kimber, Tikka, Remington CDL
                  Used- Pre-64 Winchester, late 60’s-early 70’s Remington 700.

Comment

Browning X-bolt Medallion 300 win mag.

Comment

Browning medallion all day!

Comment

Last year I bought a Ruger African in 275 Rigby, they are right at $900. That is one gun I will never part with and they have went up in value. This year they are in 6.5x55, if I had the money that would be my choice. My next choice would be to spend a little more and buy a Winchester super grade in Maple in 270 or 30-06, I want one of them bad.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try to go handle some of these in the next day or so.

Comment

See if you can find a used Browning A Bolt II with the BOSS brake. I have one in 300 Win Mag and that is one rifle I can say isn’t voluntarily going anywhere.

It literally has less recoil than my model 700 .30-06 from around the same era.

Comment

Accuracy wise very hard to beat a savage I OEM a few and own rigs that are 3000+ for most the cheap savages with a Timmney will out shoot many’s abilities

Comment

Working...
                              X