Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
    Could be logical if you didn't have them heading out fighting for your freedom with firearms you won't allow them to buy at under 21 with the possibility of never returning home.
    Agreed. If we can't be trusted to own them at home then how can I be trusted out in the field with them fighting for our country?

Personal opinion on this topic is more extensive background checks - and those who oppose that, why do you oppose it? Do you have something to hide? Just my opinion that extensive background checks won't affect law abiding citizens who have nothing to hide. Not that I think will help much, criminals will still get them regardless, but if it stops 1 person from getting a gun they shouldn't have it is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      Same here , never liked them, bought one and still don't like them
      And now that I don't live 30 miles down a dirt road and 5 miles from the rio grande probably don't even need it

A stupid 18 year old kid is way more likely to leave a gun laying out for a theft
      Than a more mature person (it's just plain human nature)
      yeah, you just pointed out the biggest problem with all these attacks......Parenting. An 18 year old who has been taught about firearm safety and held accountable for their decisions is not likely to make that mistake. Nor are they likely to shoot up a school. But yeah, I guess since we can't address the real issues let's just ban a tool instead and see how long it takes them to find another way. Smart... (face/palm). But, what's even better is that you sound like you are blaming the victim of a crime here. Why do we refuse to hold the law breakers responsible?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        like hell its logical. At 18 we are expected to sign up for the draft, can join the military, can work a full time job, and be prosecuted as adults. But not able to buy a handgun or handgun ammo currently and that by itself is horse ****. Now your saying its logical to take away the right to buy a rifle? Go to england if you want to give away your second amendment rights. And dont get me started on alcohol if we can join the military and get all other rights and privileges of an adult then it needs to be even across the board period including getting a chl. And somebody inevitably is going to say well when i was 18 i wouldn’t have been responsible so what if you personally were an idiot don’t trample on my rights because you were stupid in your youth.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
        amen brother

Comment

Same here , never liked them, bought one and still don't like them
          And now that I don't live 30 miles down a dirt road and 5 miles from the rio grande probably don't even need it

A stupid 18 year old kid is way more likely to leave a gun laying out for a theft
          Than a more mature person (it's just plain human nature)
          Age doesn't define maturity. I have met plenty of adults who walk with their guns in unsafe directions with rounds in the chamber. Go spend a day at the gun range and you will see what I mean. That "stupid" 18 year old kid learned his gun safety rules from his/her parents - and per your argument the parent shouldn't be allowed to buy a gun either.

Comment

That isn’t a entirely bad idea as I see nothing good with ar style weapon
            please move to the SNOWFLAKE THREAD .

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Personal opinion on this topic is more extensive background checks - and those who oppose that, why do you oppose it? Do you have something to hide? Just my opinion that extensive background checks won't affect law abiding citizens who have nothing to hide. Not that I think will help much, criminals will still get them regardless, but if it stops 1 person from getting a gun they shouldn't have it is worth it.
              What would the "extensive" checks be fishing for? Do you mean making extra-sure you don't have a felony or are a fugitive from justice (and the rest of the list they check for now) or are you saying they should add more criteria to that list?

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                I'm fine with it. It would be ok with me if they stopped making all AR's, except I don't think the dems's would be satisfied with that. I grew up with lever and bolt action and don't see a need for high capacity magazines or AR style rifles.
                sooo everyone should be like you ??? so what kinda beer , music , and food you like ?? maby we can all change to that also.

Comment

Their bold statement! I won't shop there any more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                    What would the "extensive" checks be fishing for? Do you mean making extra-sure you don't have a felony or are a fugitive from justice (and the rest of the list they check for now) or are you saying they should add more criteria to that list?
                    Not entirely sure - but last time I bought a gun I was in and out of the store in less than 30 minutes and I don't have my CHL/LTC. Seems a little crazy to me that they can check everything that quickly at the same time they check other people. Seems like the "background check" doesn't check that much at all. Maybe I just got lucky and it was a quick check. Probably just making sure everything was looked over and wasn't accidentally missed, not sure what other criteria they could add that would help out anyway.

Comment

Go the the field and stream website and click "feedback" at the very bottom.
                      Here is the link I got.
                      I politely told them I will no longer shop at any of their stores due to there decision on AR/21, etc. I also told them I would unsubscribe from their emails.
                      Please put 5 minutes where your mouth is.
                      Qualtrics makes sophisticated research simple and empowers users to capture customer, product, brand & employee experience insights in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW
                        Incorrect. I'm saying we need to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
                        You mean DPS not reporting to law enforcement kind of cracks? Or like 39 calls to the police and 4 officers standing around kind of cracks? Or just cracks that go against the right to bare arms kind of cracks?

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                          You mean DPS not reporting to law enforcement kind of cracks? Or like 39 calls to the police and 4 officers standing around kind of cracks? Or just cracks that go against the right to bare arms kind of cracks?
                          Ensuring that nothing is missed on the background check when they look through history, humans make mistakes and so do computers. Like I said, I gave my personal opinion, I never said it was right or what needed to be done. Maybe I am wrong. I did not say my opinion is correct but we as gun owners will have to bend somewhere if we don’t want to lose our rights all together.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                            Ensuring that nothing is missed on the background check when they look through history, humans make mistakes and so do computers. Like I said, I gave my personal opinion, I never said it was right or what needed to be done. Maybe I am wrong. I did not say my opinion is correct but we as gun owners will have to bend somewhere if we don’t want to lose our rights all together.
                            The NRA has been saying for years that local and state law enforcement needs to report all criminal offenses to the NICS. Did you realize that people with felonies, and people who have been identified as mentally unstable were not reported to NICS? People are starting to understand what the NRA has been screaming for years.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                              Go the the field and stream website and click "feedback" at the very bottom.
                              Here is the link I got.
                              I politely told them I will no longer shop at any of their stores due to there decision on AR/21, etc. I also told them I would unsubscribe from their emails.
                              Please put 5 minutes where your mouth is.
                              https://dcsg.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/f...lbxtecnOsIRRAN

Repost 'cause I was stuck at the bottom of page two.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                                sooo everyone should be like you ??? so what kinda beer , music , and food you like ?? maby we can all change to that also.
                                That's funny!
                                Do you need a 30 round clip to kill an animal? If so you might want to learn how to shoot better. I own an ar but I don't think it's practical for hunting. I thought it would be good to kill pigs, but it's not better than my bolt action.
                                I don't buy guns from Dicks and I don't hold it against them for not wanting to sell ar's.
                                I'd be just fine if we didn't have ar's, violent video games or social media.
                                I'm not saying ban any guns! If the dem's get one they will probably go after all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X