Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Col. Townsend Whelen said that

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    Yeah Im not a minute of person shooter either. Who was it that said only accurate guns are interesting? Im with that guy!
    And I agree with him!!

I also agree with using a Wylde barrel. My 16” Rock River Arms A4 Varmint has a .920 bull barrel and will shoot 1 hole groups at 100 yds if I do my part

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman70 View Post
      Longer barrel is like longer draw length on a bow. It will increase FPS and therefore result in tighter group. Just look at how the 20" Garand M1 performs compare to modern day 16" AR-10.
      Actually, shorter barrels (to an extent, obviously the bullet has to stabalize) are technically more accurate due to being more rigid. Yes, loss of velocity can make it more difficult for the shooter to shoot more consistently at distance, but at 100 yards that should not matter. Colt Socom barrels are exceptionally accurate and are 14.5 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
        And I agree with him!!

I also agree with using a Wylde barrel. My 16” Rock River Arms A4 Varmint has a .920 bull barrel and will shoot 1 hole groups at 100 yds if I do my part
        I knew someone would know. I didnt have a chance to put some google-fu on it.

Comment

No update. Family has had the flu for a week plus, otherwise it has been windy as all get out.

I will try to make it out to the range this weekend, but looks windy again

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
            I would really look at that crossfire scope, not the best quality and could be the culprit. Also shoot off of bags, lead sleds are not the best for accuracy. If that doesn't fix it, lots of other good info has already been shared.
            As in not holding zero or just not having the clearest optics?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              As in not holding zero or just not having the clearest optics?
              Both.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
                I would really look at that crossfire scope, not the best quality and could be the culprit. Also shoot off of bags, lead sleds are not the best for accuracy. If that doesn't fix it, lots of other good info has already been shared.
                I agree the crossfire’s ain’t the best quality but I have a few and they all hold a zero and I have shot with them out to 750 yards.

Op your barrel may not be snugged enough. I had one that seemed right but wouldn’t hold a group so I added a shim in it and now it shoots 1/2-3/4” groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                  If the barrel is not floating and you are shooting a standard clamshell handguard you will NEVER achieve consistent accuracy. Period.
                  Yeah, true. You got all that junk attached to the barrel and that throws it off. I've had the exact same experience with my M&P. You notice 99% of the accurate, high-end ARs have free floating barrels.

Comment

Working...
                  X