No announcement yet.

Backpack rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester Model 94 in .30/30. The original "assault" weapon! It's quick on the draw. Powerful. Lightweight. And holds a lot of bullets.

Comment

Ruger 8335 or Savage 93FVSR

Bolt action short barreled .22WMR

Plenty of thump for pigs, varmints and small game

Comment

I recently purchased a 10-22 Takedown and I really like it. I know you said you were avoiding the takedowns but you could break it down to store in your pack and when you are actually scouting put it together and sling it over your back in a scabard. Maybe best of both worlds.

Comment

I'd look closely at the Kel-tec sub 2000's

Comment

Originally posted by Clintbow View Post
            Winchester Model 94 in .30/30. The original "assault" weapon! It's quick on the draw. Powerful. Lightweight. And holds a lot of bullets.
            And that, my friend, was my obvious choice. Small, light weight, and has served in that capacity for more years than I can remember. If you don't like the 94, there are a other options out there. It's old, it not cool, but it works.

Comment

If you're interested in the Ruger Charger I know somebody who will probably be getting rid of his soon. Looks exactly like the one in this link. Located in College Station.

Comment

92 or 94 trapper.

Comment

We have tossed this idea around with my partner at work and leaning towards the ruger charger. A few up grades and mods and it would be perfect.

Comment

I have a Charger with a Vortex Red Dot and Spectre II on it and it is tons of fun and super portable.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      I have been thinking for a while about adding a compact rifle to my scouting setup. I would mainly use it for short range shots on small game or juvenile pigs. About the only way I will actually take it with me is if it ends up as part of my pack, so I would want something compact enough to fit in a scabbard on my 5.11 Rush 12. I am kind of leaning towards a 10/22 with a short stock, and wanting to avoid a break down gun. Too many pig encounters would be missed trying to put a gun together. Anyone do anything similar or have any rifle/stock recommendations to get a compact overall rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How bout an at-7 survival rifle

Comment

Comment

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Keltec sub2000 gen 2 or an AR "pistol". With the keltec your mags and ammo can coincide with your pistol. With the AR it will give you more range and power...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                                It's a break down but it's my go-to rifle.
                                Handi Rifle SBR in 300BLK suppressed with red-dot and flip-up magnifier.
                                Oh... you're a dirty girl!!!

That shizzle is BADARSE!

Comment

Working...
                                X