X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love a savage .22-.250. Best gun I own

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
      I'm a big remington fan. Have 2 other older Remington's that shoot lights out.

Is the quality still just as good. Heard that they are not what they used to be.
      It's still really good. Action is rock solid. You can always drop a timney trigger in it if needed. mine drives tacks. Someone else suggested a vssf and that would be an even better gun but you would have to buy used in your price range.

Comment

Can't go wrong with a 22-250. My favorite caliber

Comment

just got one about a year or so ago and if i could do it over id get a 204. Father got one a couple months ago and its a sweet little gun. Great for cats and yotes

Comment

I jumped on a Savage Axis last year-not even an accutrigger- threw a Vortex CF on it with Warne 202m rings-it is crazy/smooth accurate. I did a trigger travel job on it and it is just sick -clover leafs at 100.Planned on to be the daughter/wife rifle,but.... Your budget is higher than mine an you will not be disappointed with the .22-550.

Comment

I bought a Tikka T3 Lite in 22-250 last year and love it so far. It's not the varmint model, just the standard T3 Lite. I've been shooting Barnes Vor-TX factory ammo and its easy to get sub 1" groups from it at 100yds. I've taken a few coyotes and 5-6 hogs up to 150lbs with it and it has performed flawlessly. The trigger on mine is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Find a used VS / vSF / VSSF 700 in a swift or 22-250 & be done...great rounds but prefer the swift myself
                Bingo....or a savage.

One thing to consider is barrel length, a 22 inch will be more handy in the woods but a long heavy barrel such as the 700's mentioned above will maximize velocity.

If light and handy is your choice I'd add the Tikka to that equation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Easy, Tikka
                  this

Comment

If you want a .22-250 get a longer barrel—24" or more. This cartridge is very overbore and loses a lot in a shorter barrel. If you're going with a 20" barrel just get a .223.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Find a used VS / vSF / VSSF 700 in a swift or 22-250 & be done...great rounds but prefer the swift myself
                      this. you'll have an awesome predator rifle. that 22-250 is one of the best for coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                        If you want a .22-250 get a longer barrel—24" or more. This cartridge is very overbore and loses a lot in a shorter barrel. If you're going with a 20" barrel just get a .223.

LWD
                        This! I saw a 16" 22-250 the obey day at the local gun shop. I figure that's just a really loud 223 with a poor twist rate so you're limited to light weight bullets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the model10 savage and it's a great gun. Can't go wrong with the Remington or this savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found the tc venture walking Varminter on clearance at academy, Camo stock, clip fed, Shoots lights out.

Comment

My .22-250 is a Winchester M70 Featherweight--an old one. I only use it for hogs, but it lays them in the dirt just fine, and off the bench, it will deliver 3/4" 3-shot groups with 55-gr ballistic tips over H380 at 3550 fps.

Comment

Savage. Most accurate out of the box, 22-250 comes with 1 in 12" twist barrel that allows you to use a slightly heavier bullet, making it a good all around Texas caliber. Most mfg use a 1 in 14' twist.

Comment

Working...
                                X