Open Carry - will you show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
    HEB not allowing OC. Most (if not all) stores have already posted 30.07 signs.
    so what happened to him or someone who carries there?

F HEB

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
      I haven't seen one OC yet. I'm still debating on OC or not.

A couple of guys at work say there will be people shot up because of this new law! I asked why they thought that.....one of them responded "Cause now ain't none of these guys open carrying gonna take no crap!" Really? So the placement of my shirt (over the gun for CC or tucked under for OC) dictates how much crap I'm going to take from someone? SMH....some people's kids.

Your coworkers must be members here. They also post all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
        I haven't seen one OC yet. I'm still debating on OC or not.

A couple of guys at work say there will be people shot up because of this new law! I asked why they thought that.....one of them responded "Cause now ain't none of these guys open carrying gonna take no crap!" Really? So the placement of my shirt (over the gun for CC or tucked under for OC) dictates how much crap I'm going to take from someone? SMH....some people's kids.

That's because people buy into everything they see on the news and social media. Folks throw out all this crap and people just eat it up like its the gospel. Nobody can think logically for themselves anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          I am going to open carry and concealed carry at the same time.

That way I can bait someone into taking my open carried handgun (with an unsecure holster) and then finish the person off with my concealed carry that the bad guy will not expect.
          Best post I've ever read!! lmmfao
          Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          Except for the pearl. Ivory here. Pearl grips a for a New Orleans pimp.
          Love that movie!!
          Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          I'll probably be like an aspiring stripper starting off at Hooters. I'll have an owb holster with an untucked shirt just to "warm up to the idea". Then later I'll build up the gumption to go completely exposed.
          2nd best post I've ever read!!

I haven't seen anyone open carry yet in 2 walmarts in 2 different towns. Decatur and Dallas. My SIL works for Starbucks and says they have no problem with open/concealed carry. They just didn't like the open carry nuts using their stores to protest in...

And mostly I'll carry concealed but may occasionally OC. And I have no problem with anyone carrying open. Also don't believe any place open to the public should be allowed to ban me for carrying either way. If a store can't refuse to make a cake for some gays then they shouldn't be able to tell me how to dress...

Comment

Before they passed the CHL some years back the fear mongering was pretty high. "mass shootings, road rage becomes fire fight, old west, dogs and cats living together..." It was freakin' ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              Best post I've ever read!! lmmfao

Love that movie!!

2nd best post I've ever read!!

I haven't seen anyone open carry yet in 2 walmarts in 2 different towns. Decatur and Dallas. My SIL works for Starbucks and says they have no problem with open/concealed carry. They just didn't like the open carry nuts using their stores to protest in...

And mostly I'll carry concealed but may occasionally OC. And I have no problem with anyone carrying open. Also don't believe any place open to the public should be allowed to ban me for carrying either way. If a store can't refuse to make a cake for some gays then they shouldn't be able to tell me how to dress...

Great point!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                so what happened to him or someone who carries there?

F HEB

Class C misdemeanor unless they refuse to leave when confronted, then it becomes criminal trespass.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  What was the Fail?

you don't like HEB?

I love HEB. Wish they hadnt posted their stores but its their right.

The fail was OCing past an 07 sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post

I love HEB. Wish they hadnt posted their stores but its their right.

The fail was OCing past an 07 sign.
                    post #210

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Not everyone OC'ing is a civilian....

A guy buying groceries with his wife and 2 kids wearing shorts and flip flops carrying a Sig P238. He was not LEO.

Comment

At the moment, I don't see me OC, but there may come a time when it is just easier to OC if the wepon is a little large to conceal!

Comment

The Heb sign shown isn't a legally binding sign, by my interpretation, not that I would open carry past it, but they need to have the correct signage for it to technically be binding. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            If a store can't refuse to make a cake for some gays then they shouldn't be able to tell me how to dress...
                            Tommy Lee wins at internet today!

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                              The Heb sign shown isn't a legally binding sign, by my interpretation, not that I would open carry past it, but they need to have the correct signage for it to technically be binding. Correct?
                              Correct, however.......

Why is it not within the law? The wording or the contrasting background?

Nothing will stop an officer from makig a decision on scene and acting or not. If an officer issues a citation or makes an arrest then a person can contest it in court to see if a trial judge agrees with an opinion on the validity of the sign. Then it can move on a appeals courts to see if they agree or disagree with the trial court.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                                Go challenge it and get back to us with your findings.

Comment

Working...
                                X