No announcement yet.

Best Scope for the $$$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got quite a few leupolds.. the VX3 is ALOT better than the VX2 especially in low light. If you like a VX2 you're gonna love a VX3. lol

You should be able to pick up a 4.5-14x50 for 500 and POSSIBLY a 6.5-20x50 if you search REAL hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      I've got quite a few leupolds.. the VX3 is ALOT better than the VX2 especially in low light. If you like a VX2 you're gonna love a VX3. lol

You should be able to pick up a 4.5-14x50 for 500 and POSSIBLY a 6.5-20x50 if you search REAL hard.

5 mins of looking
      Is a Vxiii though

Comment

You can get a much better scope than a VXII for $500.

Comment

I have used Leupold and Nikon and prefer the Nikon for the $$. My main shooter is topped with a 4.5-12x50 Zeiss. Cost more but it shows. I had a 3-9x40 for several years and sent it to Zeiss to be cleaned and polished. They called me and said that they replace and rebuild in most cases but the 3-9x40 is out of production. So I had the option to choose from the current new line of scopes for replacement at no charge. My main rifle is now topped with a 4.5-12x50. NO COST. You can't beat that for customer service. Huck

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
            Whatever Leupy you can buy in that price range, in whatever variable power you like. I really like the Vx-3's in 3.5-10x40
            I have this scope on my .270 a-bolt and it works great for the $$$.

Comment

Remember that Leupold's lifetime warranty is for the lifetime of the scope, not the initial purchaser. They will also change the optics for you if you want them to. I'll buy a used Leupold any day.

Comment

I bought a Burris 4.5x16x50 on sale at cabelas for $319. So far I'm really impressed with the clarity and it hold a tight group on my 270 Weatherby . Just waiting to see what it looks like in cold weather. I spent an hour at the scope counter looking through all the high end scopes and the Burris looked just as good to me as all of the 500-600$ scopes. Plus I've heard of a lot of good things said about them on TBH so I thought it was worth a shot. Just my $.02. Good luck.

Comment

If you have patience, every so often you can grab a 4-16 Vortex Viper Hs-T for $399 at Cabelas. I've been very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Old zeiss conquest

Should be able to get a 4.5-14x44 for that price
                    This. I bought one the other day with rings for $400 shipped.

Comment

Vari X III and VXIII aren't the same I've been told.

I have an old Vari X III 4.5-14X 40mm AO that is over twenty years old on my Sako. Still a good scope, but everyone tells me it is actually comparable to the VX II made now.

Comment

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Comment

Bushnell Elite 4500

VX3 3.5x40x40

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            5 mins of looking
                            Is a Vxiii though
                            Vari X iii and Vx3 are two different scopes. I know it's confusing to everyone else too!

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              Vari X III and VXIII aren't the same I've been told.

I have an old Vari X III 4.5-14X 40mm AO that is over twenty years old on my Sako. Still a good scope, but everyone tells me it is actually comparable to the VX II made now.

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                              Vari X iii and Vx3 are two different scopes. I know it's confusing to everyone else too!
                              Hence the 2nd line in my post.

VX3 has better coatings I believe

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                                If you have patience, every so often you can grab a 4-16 Vortex Viper Hs-T for $399 at Cabelas. I've been very happy with it.
                                And there it is. Took longer than I thought it would hahaha

Dont buy vortex.... buy a zeiss or leupy as has been said and dont look back.

Comment

Working...
                                X