Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snake bite?

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
    Went out Tuesday night and killed three.
    But the crazy thing was this one we killed.
    [ATTACH]719392[/ATTACH][ATTACH]719393[/ATTACH][ATTACH]719394[/ATTACH]
    We're pretty positive he got shot in the jaw or something and it just became infected. Smelled awful and some **** like stuff was oozing out. Didn't cut it open or anything. Didn't even want to touch it lol. I think we did this guy a favor.
    I know hogs will eat snakes. Think maybe he got bit? My dogs face swoll up like that when he got git.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
      i wonder what this could be

I hope you enjoy it! A few more pigs are less safe at night now.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
        I know hogs will eat snakes. Think maybe he got bit? My dogs face swoll up like that when he got git.
        I was kinda wonder-n the same thing. If he grabbed a rattler mid body to wolf it down, he might-a got hit before the rattle bug got swallowed .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490314.831207.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	24386749

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490341.182456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	24386750

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490383.287247.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24386751

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490453.891079.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24386752

Finally got the newest version done. It uses the same camera as the last one. I mounted a picatinny rail on the side to mount the light, if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            [ATTACH]720580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720583[/ATTACH]

Finally got the newest version done. It uses the same camera as the last one. I mounted a picatinny rail on the side to mount the light, if necessary.

That's pretty awesome. How do you program the reticle? Is it certain software you download to be able to edit the crosshairs or something else? Can you change the reticle?
            And how'd you mount the mount to the bottom and make sure it was level with the reticle?

Comment

[ATTACH]720580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]720583[/ATTACH]

When does my prototype/field staff model arrive????

Comment

That's pretty awesome. How do you program the reticle? Is it certain software you download to be able to edit the crosshairs or something else? Can you change the reticle?
                And how'd you mount the mount to the bottom and make sure it was level with the reticle?
                The ability to make crosshairs, dots etc is in the camera. I have made dots etc of various colors ( IIRC there are 6 color choices ) and have personally settled on plain ole black crosshairs. To sight in you fire a shot, hold the rifle still and move the crosshairs to the bullet hole. Theoretically its a 1 shot sight in but I usually fire at least 3 to verify/fine tune.

Everything is square and aligned with each other because it is all machined on my 4axis machining center ( cnc mill )

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                  When does my prototype/field staff model arrive????
                  Good question. I have 3 sets of parts made, though I am waiting on a few electronic parts to complete them. I am debating what to do from here. This one very well may be passed around to get opnions etc

Comment

The ability to make crosshairs, dots etc is in the camera. I have made dots etc of various colors ( IIRC there are 6 color choices ) and have personally settled on plain ole black crosshairs. To sight in you fire a shot, hold the rifle still and move the crosshairs to the bullet hole. Theoretically its a 1 shot sight in but I usually fire at least 3 to verify/fine tune.

Everything is square and aligned with each other because it is all machined on my 4axis machining center ( cnc mill )

I mean I don't see any controls on the scope. Like are you plugging it in to a computer or some kind of remote? So the camera comes with the software that has the ability to add crosshairs and other reticles? Also are you putting a zoom lens in front of it or anything or is it just 1x? And lastly can you hook it to a DVR cause I'd love to see some footage.

Comment

I mean I don't see any controls on the scope. Like are you plugging it in to a computer or some kind of remote? So the camera comes with the software that has the ability to add crosshairs and other reticles? Also are you putting a zoom lens in front of it or anything or is it just 1x? And lastly can you hook it to a DVR cause I'd love to see some footage.
                      The control is on the cable that comes out of the bottom left side of the unit. I thought about putting it on the housing itself but didnt really see a benefit. You push the button and it opens a menu on the screen, select the right option and design the crosshair, dot or whatever. Its pretty easy. After making the shape(s) you want you move them where you need them. I am using a 5-100mm lens ( thats the dark area on the front ). Since it is all digital I dont have a way to know how much it magnifies the image. Example, when I use a larger screen the entire image is larger so it appears more magnified. To compare I took a Nikon 3-9x scope outside and compared image size as I adjusted the scope. Best I can tell the image size is the same as the 3.5x on the Nikon scope.

At the end of the cable there is an AV connection along side the 12v power plug so you can hook up another screen/dvr or whatever. The other device does have to be powered seperately.

Comment

I dont have a portable dvr but I will look into it, that is something I have been wanting to do.

Comment

I dont have a portable dvr but I will look into it, that is something I have been wanting to do.

Seems like with your knowledge and skills you could whip one right up lol. How are you powering the scope?

And so are you saying your lens is 100mm objective?

Comment

Cool stuff in here

Comment

Seems like with your knowledge and skills you could whip one right up lol. How are you powering the scope?

And so are you saying your lens is 100mm objective?
                              It is powered by 3 18650 Li ion rechargeable batteries. The batteries are in a pack that plugs into the cable that comes out of the lower left side. I went back and forth when deciding whether to build the battery supply into the body or have them seperate. I settled on seperate because of their size. I considered using AAs but they just dont have enough Mah to get the battery life I need. I dont like having to deal with extra batteries, or worry about batteries dying during a hunt.

The 100mm number is not objective size like a scope. It is the focal length ( the focal length is a component of magnification ).

Comment

It is powered by 3 18650 Li ion rechargeable batteries. The batteries are in a pack that plugs into the cable that comes out of the lower left side. I went back and forth when deciding whether to build the battery supply into the body or have them seperate. I settled on seperate because of their size. I considered using AAs but they just dont have enough Mah to get the battery life I need. I dont like having to deal with extra batteries, or worry about batteries dying during a hunt.

The 100mm number is not objective size like a scope. It is the focal length ( the focal length is a component of magnification ).

I think you made a good choice by using 18650s.
                                I kinda thought it was focal length but wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a massive objective.

Comment

Working...
                                X