Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    Don't think about comparing the $500 Photon to a $3000 Gen III unit. Think about comparing the Photon to other viable $500 alternatives.

Hear the crickets yet?

Definitely agree with this but I would take it further and say to compare the Photon XT to anything in the price range of $500-$1,500. Then tell me if the $1,500 NV optic is really $1,000 better. Don't get me wrong, the XT is not Gen 3 and it's not comparable to thermal. But it's very comparable to the Pulsar Digisight N750 and it retails for $1,599. Admittedly...the XT doesn't have all the same features or quality of the N750 or other high end optics but gosh I can't see $1,100 difference between the two.

And to be clear, I sell both the Pulsar N750 and the Sightmark Photon XT, so I'm not just saying that to push Photons. I definitely make more money on the N750 than the Photon.lol

- Jason

Comment

I played with the X-sight more this weekend. Was way too rushed, and had other gun issues which unfairly (to the X-site) put me in a terrible mood...

In the end, the AR15 will not be the home for this tool. It just feels wrong to have a huge scope with a small viewfinder - on an sbr. Going to focus more on a laser for the time being. Not sure what platform the X-sight is moving to next.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        Here's one videoed through our gen 3 monocular.

[ATTACH]692407[/ATTACH]
        Is that Chris Handlon?

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
          Is that Chris Handlon?

May have been? I forgot his name already

Comment

Yea it was. Small world, kris was one of my fraternity brothers and a good buddy at Tech

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
              Yea it was. Small world, kris was one of my fraternity brothers and a good buddy at Tech

He and his buddy were cool guys. We had a good time hunting with them.

Comment

Can't wait to check out this lease I got on. It's close by so I'm planning on spending a good amount of time out there this yr. Just need to finish remodeling my house first and find a free weekend

Comment

Anyone going to go out this weekend in the snow? I may try to go out tonight or tomorrow. I bet the pigs will show up good against the snow white background

Comment

I may, I need to get out there with the Photon!

Comment

For you fellow Photon users...

This link is to some info on PredatorMasters

Apparently you can increase the quality of the image by drilling out the center of a Butler Creek cap 7/8". I'm going to try it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
                        For you fellow Photon users...

This link is to some info on PredatorMasters

Apparently you can increase the quality of the image by drilling out the center of a Butler Creek cap 7/8". I'm going to try it this weekend.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com...38#Post2804438

Awesome info and thanks for sharing. If I'm understanding what he saying, the hypothesis is that some of the IR light is flooding into the photon lens and decreasing the quality of the image?

Comment

Anyone going to go out this weekend in the snow? I may try to go out tonight or tomorrow. I bet the pigs will show up good against the snow white background
                          I wish. Stuck at home this weekend. Good luck if you go

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            I wish. Stuck at home this weekend. Good luck if you go

Thanks. Bout to go out to the fields here in a minute. It's still snowing so hopefully that doesn't mess with the photon much. Oh well that's what thermal is for

Comment

Thanks. Bout to go out to the fields here in a minute. It's still snowing so hopefully that doesn't mess with the photon much. Oh well that's what thermal is for
                              I like your style haha

Comment

Snow works well with the photon. No IR needed. Pictures to fallow

Comment

Working...
                                X