Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    Based on your posts here, I'd say you hunt in some pretty target-rich environments. I bet you could pay off the MDVR quickly by offering to make your clients a little video of their hunt. Jason has a guy who does sweet video intros with your own logo. (Don't forget to send me a 10% royalty check for the idea).

Yeah a MDVR is needed for me. We have a armasight DVR but it doesn't do audio and is messing up lately. I'll end up buying a MDVR soon I'm sure. But that iris thing above sounds interesting

Comment

You can do wifi out from your scope pretty easily for around $50. It won't have a fancy picatinny rail mount or anything like that, but it can be done!

Comment

Stx please explain I'm all ears sir!.

Comment

Connect this to your video out and RC battery and it will broadcast a wifi signal that can be picked up by your phone

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            Connect this to your video out and RC battery and it will broadcast a wifi signal that can be picked up by your phone

What app do you use to pick up the wifi video stream?

Comment

WIFI AVIN should work to display the image.

Comment

Got a link to where I can get one

Comment

Will any of the wifi solutions do audio? That's a big deal to me..

Comment

Don't think so, they are only transmitting the signal from the scope.

Comment

But I wonder if when recording from the phone app if it'll use the phones microphone

Comment

Maybe, but doubt it. I would only imagine that it would record the video signal coming in. Overall I think the DVR route would be easier, offer less lag and allow you to record sound if you wanted. With the wifi route you would need a separate battery for the wifi transmitter, still need the same cords from the scope to the transmitter, you would need to make sure the phone is charged and turned on/connected well before you would need a video signal.

Are you recording hunts or trying to verify animals before a client shoots them?

Comment

Those that are using the Photon etc, how are yall judging range? With my miket nv I am having a hard time judging range. I have decided to put a few lines ( digitally ) on the screen that correspond to the size of an average pig at known ranges and it seems to be pretty accurate with the only caveat being the varying height of pigs in real life. Best I can tell the "average" adult pig, 100-180lbs, shoulder height is about 22-26". Of course a big one with stand 36" ( my 318lb'r was 36" ) but a big pig is easy to identify and account for.

Any ideas, experiences?

Comment

Mike, good question. I have not needed this feature but it's probably doable. The photon has 6 reticles, and some of them have horizontal bars that could be used to gauge size and distance. I think they are actually crossbow reticles. Additionally, the photon has a mil dot reticle, so that could be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              Maybe, but doubt it. I would only imagine that it would record the video signal coming in. Overall I think the DVR route would be easier, offer less lag and allow you to record sound if you wanted. With the wifi route you would need a separate battery for the wifi transmitter, still need the same cords from the scope to the transmitter, you would need to make sure the phone is charged and turned on/connected well before you would need a video signal.

Are you recording hunts or trying to verify animals before a client shoots them?

Both really. We use thermal to identify and locate pigs and watch the shot through it to tell if miss or hit.

Comment

Working...
                              X