No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had any pigs spook from my IR but I have had axis spook when when I hit them with it.

Comment

seriously. i was pretty weirded out by it. Ive shined the IR at pigs at 100 and they dont even see it, these were though. Odd. Maybe they DO had night vision on!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
        seriously. i was pretty weirded out by it. Ive shined the IR at pigs at 100 and they dont even see it, these were though. Odd. Maybe they DO had night vision on!

What was the wind doing? Did you walk in where your scent wound be upwind from them? Could have been a coincidence that they spooked when you hit them with the light. That's crazy though. Never had any animal spook off IR.

Comment

nope. i was sitting in a blind, slight wind in my face. They came in and settled, i could see them, so I popped the gun out and turned it on....a few seconds later, clicked on the onboard. they jolted a little, so i turned it off and let them settle in again. Then i turned on the UNV20IR and they bolted. Doesnt make sense.

Comment

They without a doubt can see the IR. I told my buddy one night that the a pig looked up and took off after he swung over to get them into sight. He dint believe me until he was set up on a pig one night and I was working on finding them in the scope. Well I scanned over to pigs two looked up and took off. We both now know without a doubt they can see the IR. 80% we have no problems but every once in a while one spooks from the IR.

Comment

Huh. They may be able to the. Maybe if they're looking dead at you and see the glow or something. The 37 pigs we've killed this year haven't cared much about the IR.

Comment

They CAN see the glow, but not the beam, or at least I don't think so. Most often if they haven't been shot at with the use of IR before they don't care. If they have been spotlighted with red lights or been shot at with IR before they are more likely to spook!

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                  Huh. They may be able to the. Maybe if they're looking dead at you and see the glow or something. The 37 pigs we've killed this year haven't cared much about the IR.
                  It's not a huge issue. We just discovered that they could see it or realize something was up sometimes. 80% of the times no issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                    It's not a huge issue. We just discovered that they could see it or realize something was up sometimes. 80% of the times no issues at all.

Kinda makes sense now that I've been thinking about it more. We had a big loan boar that would stare directly at us a lot when we had IR on him.

Comment

Crazy. I never would have thought they could see it. Wonder if it had to do with straight beam or flood?

Comment

Downed 4 last night with my new Photon, including a big boar. Worked like a charm. We were hunting the marsh south of hwy 73 in Jefferson County.

Comment

Pics!

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
                            okay after a few hrs of research i found out what and how everyone is selling these "uf-t20 lights/t20/unv" ... the light i have is the correct light which can be modded by ordering a( Infrared oslon black 850nm T20ir insert pill insert) http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/In..._11944733.aspx which is basically a replacement bulb and driver all in one screws right in built for the t20 ..and this is exactly what all the nightvision companies online are selling to some of you for 180-200$.. which in all really is a 40-50$ in parts at best.. just saying . i payed like 20$ shipped for my Uf-t20 . and just payed 25$ shipped for the Ir bulb listed above which is a (invisible red glow one) in 850nm wave length . not trying to screw or badmouth any companys here.. just trying to help some of you out trying to save a few bucks.! there are also other opinions as well for those that hunt with red/green/white bulbs..

heres a video of dis/assembly http://youtu.be/XS_x7feDhMs easy easy mod.
                            Somewhere in this thread ( months ago ) I did a complete list of parts with links and pics to make it yourself for around $40. I have made 2 and they work great. Not paying $200 for a light. Period
                            Last edited by miket; 01-20-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

thanks sir! ya i have the light and ordered the parts cannot WAIT

Comment

This thread needs some more night vision action in it. So here's a kill shot from a big boar tonight.
                                Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Working...
                                X