No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I like the liquid effect on impact .

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
      This thread needs some more night vision action in it. So here's a kill shot from a big boar tonight.
      https://vimeo.com/117569237
      That makes up for so many other post.. nice vid. You're alright.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

this thread needs some more night vision action in it. So here's a kill shot from a big boar tonight.
            saaaaawwweeeeeetttt

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
              That makes up for so many other post.. nice vid. You're alright.

Lol thanks.
              Glad yall enjoyed it!

Comment

This thread needs some more night vision action in it. So here's a kill shot from a big boar tonight.
                Nice! What thermal set up is that?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Nice! What thermal set up is that?

It's a armasight Zeus 3x 336. It's incredible. The video does not do it justice at all as it's just through my phone on the eyepiece

Comment

Finally got my hands on the new elusive Pulsar Apex thermal riflescope at the SHOT Show. Extremely light, super quality and the cost estimate is around $3-$3.5k. I'll know more next week. They are taking pre-orders and estimated time of arrival is 1-2 months. This thing is awesome!

Saw a lot of other cool NV but this was the best thing I saw for the price.

Oh I've had some PM's asking about the UNV 20IR availability and they will be back in stock when I get back to TX. I met up with UNV out here and they said they shipped my 20IR's this week. It was funny because the guys in the Sightmark/Pulsar booth were talking about using the 20IR with their own NV setups.

Comment

Oh wow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        Finally got my hands on the new elusive Pulsar Apex thermal riflescope at the SHOT Show. Extremely light, super quality and the cost estimate is around $3-$3.5k. I'll know more next week. They are taking pre-orders and estimated time of arrival is 1-2 months. This thing is awesome!

Saw a lot of other cool NV but this was the best thing I saw for the price.

Oh I've had some PM's asking about the UNV 20IR availability and they will be back in stock when I get back to TX. I met up with UNV out here and they said they shipped my 20IR's this week. It was funny because the guys in the Sightmark/Pulsar booth were talking about using the 20IR with their own NV setups.

Thank god! I was beginning to wonder if this thing was ever going to be released! So you were impressed? How far do you think the detection and identification will be?

Comment

You can build the 20ir unit for 40-60$... just a fyi

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
                            You can build the 20ir unit for 40-60$... just a fyi
                            Im pretty sure thats been covered a few times on the thread already ....like a few posts up

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Im pretty sure thats been covered a few times on the thread already ....like a few posts up
                              By him. Dude needs to chill.

Comment

Thank god! I was beginning to wonder if this thing was ever going to be released! So you were impressed? How far do you think the detection and identification will be?

I was extremely impressed. I ran into a couple very big NV dealers while I was checking out the Apex and they were just about to wet themselves over it. I talked to the Pulsar rep who had actually taken it out and used it on a hunt to get the demo video for the show. He said they don't have official specs yet but there is talk of a 1,000 yard detection range.

It looks very very good. I also met with the owner of UNV and he's already designing a cable connector for the MDVR to connect to the Apex.

I'll say this...from the quality I saw, the price and the huge buzz surrounding this thing....it could be the Photon of the thermal world....meaning it could be hard to get in stock and could be the best deal for the money by far. Did I mention the thing is super lightweight too?

I could be wrong on this one but from what I saw, I don't think so. Pre-orders are expected to at least quadruple in the next week or so as everyone gets home from SHOT. I plan on getting in ahead of the rush of possible.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X