No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know where i can get the lens cap that has the small hole in the end for a 3.6 x 42mm sightmark. somehow i have lost mine and i have moved it over to a cmmg mk3 .308 and i need that cap to sight in during the daylight. makes it easier i think.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
      anyone know where i can get the lens cap that has the small hole in the end for a 3.6 x 42mm sightmark. somehow i have lost mine and i have moved it over to a cmmg mk3 .308 and i need that cap to sight in during the daylight. makes it easier i think.

Do you mean the Photon version 1? If so, try contacting them. I wouldn't be surprised if they hook you up.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post

Have any of you guys looked at this illuminator? Not many reviews but the ones I have seen were good.
        Little late on this response but I use this one with my Photon and it lights it up farther than I am willing to shoot at night. There are more powerful ones out there but it worked in my budget and gets me great illumination compared to the onboard illuminator

Comment

Originally posted by b1gtexx View Post
          Little late on this response but I use this one with my Photon and it lights it up farther than I am willing to shoot at night. There are more powerful ones out there but it worked in my budget and gets me great illumination compared to the onboard illuminator
          Thanks for the review. I need to get something soon. We were out the other night and I was having a hard time in the pitch black with no moon.

Comment

I lost mine and contacted Sighmark and they mailed me a free one to replace. Great customer service from them

Comment

FINALLY!

Going to get to go hunting this weekend. Hopefully the new 4.6 photon will get some work done.

Comment

I lost mine and contacted Sighmark and they mailed me a free one to replace. Great customer service from them

Told ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Shot 4 pigs here. Recovered two of them. Followed blood on other two but they went into the super thick stuff.

ATN X-Sight 5x18

http://youtu.be/k7-0wkVOTP0
                  That video is too much fun to watch

Comment

How did you mount it to your setup? Been looking at the 6$ picatinny rail mounts for 1" lights wasn't sure what size the body of that stream light is

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446598473.247459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	24412979

Moved one of my photon's from a bolt gun over to my mk3 cmmg. Been waiting on larue to get my mounts " ordered Sunday" great setup so far ready to give this combo a try we have a hog problem this year and this may be the cure for the older and wiser hogs

Comment

How did you mount it to your setup? Been looking at the 6$ picatinny rail mounts for 1" lights wasn't sure what size the body of that stream light is

This one came tonight. It feels solid and is low profile. Two of the screws clamp onto the pic rail, and one secures the light. What I really like is that it attaches directly under the barrel, not to the left or right. At 200 yards, the beam is way off if you mount it on the right or left pic rail

NcStar Weaver Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OLXCXG..._hWxowbAX733E9

[ATTACH]753932[/ATTACH]

Moved one of my photon's from a bolt gun over to my mk3 cmmg. Been waiting on larue to get my mounts " ordered Sunday" great setup so far ready to give this combo a try we have a hog problem this year and this may be the cure for the older and wiser hogs

Surely that photon is not permanently mounted. I have to have mine waaaay farther back than that to have a good sight picture.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          This one came tonight. It feels solid and is low profile. Two of the screws clamp onto the pic rail, and one secures the light. What I really like is that it attaches directly under the barrel, not to the left or right. At 200 yards, the beam is way off if you mount it on the right or left pic rail

NcStar Weaver Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OLXCXG..._hWxowbAX733E9

Surely that photon is not permanently mounted. I have to have mine waaaay farther back than that to have a good sight picture.

No going to have to move it back on the rail about 2-3" just squared it up and called it a night. Going to try and get a few rounds through it this weekend

Comment

I purchased: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

and I take it on and off the right side of my AR. It is easy to adjust and puts a great picture out there. This particular mount does not fit on the side mount of the photon so you know.

Comment

Giggedy!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446773217.785774.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	24413203

Comment

All situated and ready for tomorrow.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446851887.969635.jpg