Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
    That has audio inputs only, doesn't have a video input.

Comment

There really isn't any way I'm aware of to record to an iPhone/iPad or most cell phones/tablets because they don't have video inputs. The cheapest solution that you might could come up with would be buying an older used, but higher end video camera that has video inputs. You can then use the standard video out cable that comes with the Photon and has a yellow RCA jack on on the end coming out of the Photon. I'm not sure if you can find a nice working camera like this very cheap but it's possible. You would have to carry the video camera with you and put it on the ground or on a tripod with the video out cable running over to it. I know it works because a TBH'er here PM'd me about it a while back and he was making it work. Can't remember who right off the top of my head.

That might work if you hunt in a box blind and have plenty of room but it's not logical for most of us. The other option that's probably about as cheap is going with the Sightmark CVR640 video recorder. It runs about $149 and is a no frills DVR for the Photon. The nice thing about the CVR640 and the UNV MDVR is that they are small and you can attach them both to your rifle and basically be on "the go" without toting around any other equipment.

If there was a way to record on the iPhone I'd be all over it! So far, no luck and I don't see that happening the in future. Apple has made it a point to not put inputs of any kind on their mobile/tablet devices.

Comment

^^ and by the time you do all that crap you'll be wishing you bought the UNV MDVR from Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          ^^ and by the time you do all that crap you'll be wishing you bought the UNV MDVR from Jason!

no doubt

Comment

Well since its been awhile since there's been a kill in this thread..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420977577.922021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	24357908Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420977597.313404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	24357909
            Got a few more tonight. A friend and I went out using thermal and gen 3 monoculars for spotting and we both have photon XTs on our ARs.

Comment

Heck of a night! Can't wait to get my Photon next week!

Comment

Congrats on a couple hawgs

Comment

Good looking hogs!

35remington: I really like that cattail mod you did on the focus ring!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    Good looking hogs!

35remington: I really like that cattail mod you did on the focus ring!

I've been putting off getting some for my scopes that have very stiff power rings. Will be adding these to my cart soon!

Breakaway coasters:

Comment

Anyone have a good review on the xsight yet?

Comment

Any of the comparisons done yet?

Looking forward to seeing the pros and cons of each!

Comment

Didn't get mine out this weekend. Rained pretty much the whole weekend. Maybe next week...

Comment

Anyone know if the photon xt would be ok on a 458 socom AR?

Comment

I'm hoping to get my 4.5 photon sighted in and get something with it this weekend. I believe I'm going to put it on my sbr 300 black out.

Comment

Just got this going over the weekend, still need to dial it in some, but no complaints on the el gato to win7 tablet.

Zeus/El Gato

Comment

Working...
                                X