No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just scared up a bunch of about 10 but no shot. The we're about 40 yds an bugged out quick

Comment

I never found anyone to hunt with me last weekend but I lucked out when Mr Landrum of Pin Oak Outfitters found someone to hunt with me. After meeting the guide and heading out I was informed that the other guy had called and cancelled last minute. The minimum for the hunt was 2 and I truly appreciate Mr Landrum for not cancelling the hunt, especially after driving 3hrs to get there! I had a great night, with fun guys and definitely recommend hunting with them again.

I ended up with 2 good boars, I had a chance at a good group but flat blew it with my poor shooting! I dont know what was wrong with me but if it wasnt standing there still I couldnt even come close! Here is an embarrasing vid of the first one killed and 4-5 running misses.
      ( the vid is pretty poor, I forgot to unzoom the illuminator )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnPMvJPc-GE&sns=em"]Pin Oak Boar 9-19-15 - YouTube[/ame]

We recovered the one killed and looked a bit for one I thought I had hit. After moving to another field we came upon a little coyote so we stopped and started squeaking at it. It was a youngster and came right at us. I fired ( i think ) twice and missed both times. Finally ( mercifully ) one of the other guys shot it. By now Im really wondering what is wrong with me.....we changed fields again and after a while the guide ( sorry I forgot everyones names ) got excited and yelled big hog big hog! I looked and couldnt see squat so I got out and went around to the other side of the truck and everyone was freaking out and I didnt see it! I was looking in the wrong place like some kind of idiot! I scanned left and there he was plain as day. A good big boar just standing there in the ridge! I raised up and as soon as the crosshairs looked good I hit the trigger. He dropped instantly then hopped right back up and ran left! As he ran I popped off shots that felt good but he kept moving until finally one hit him good and his nose went in the soft plowed dirt and he flipped right over, nose down, rear up in the air. We walked up and he was still twitching so I had to put another in him. He had a hole high shoulder, butt, base of the tail and was bleeding from his mouth....tough son of a gun! Estimated weight 220-240lbs. Built like a tank.

Comment

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Here is a pic off the computer screen looking at a cow at 250 yards with the 66LR IR module. Pic does not do it justice. ATN x-sight 5x18.

Comment

Yes sir

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443107762.682425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24405248

Here is a bucket at 260yds, my unit and the Sniper Hog Lights 66LR IR.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Pic does not do it justice. ATN x-sight 5x18.

You can say that again. Picture of a picture of a picture! ATN's built-in recording is one of its best features.

Comment

Just picked up an ATN X sight 5x18 on a trade. Looking forward to seeing what it's capable of. Came with a UNV20IR as well.

Comment

Have any of you guys looked at this illuminator? Not many reviews but the ones I have seen were good.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post

Have any of you guys looked at this illuminator? Not many reviews but the ones I have seen were good.
                      I dont remember if it was here or the other texas oriented hunting forum but a guy did a side by side comparison and the 66LR IR was brighter. I will look for it in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        I dont remember if it was here or the other texas oriented hunting forum but a guy did a side by side comparison and the 66LR IR was brighter. I will look for it in a bit.
                        I would love to see that.

Comment

Have you seen the size of the lens on the 66LR? For a flashlight, it is MASSIVE. It had better throw far being that big.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Have you seen the size of the lens on the 66LR? For a flashlight, it is MASSIVE. It had better throw far being that big.
                            Yes, I have them on both of my NV rifles. I searched TBH real quick and didnt find the thread. May be on another forum, I will see if I can find it

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Yes, I have them on both of my NV rifles. I searched TBH real quick and didnt find the thread. May be on another forum, I will see if I can find it
                              One of the reviews on amazon says he's seeing out to 600 yards. There is no way I need to see that far to shoot, but I really like the idea to be able to scan a long ways out. Mike, I saw you have the adjustable mount for your light. Streamlight makes one for their light. How do you like that?

Comment

I couldnt find the thread but looked back at a video I had seen a few years ago. A review of various illuminators. He didnt review a UNV T20 but did review a custom T20 made by a well know builder. Here is the ( long ) video

Check out our website at http://www.rolaidsnightvision.com/ Please Expand this are for all links to parts and forums!This IR Flashlight (infrared illuminator...

Here are some pics of the screen I did real quick. The super tac looks about the same as the custom T20. ( the reviewer, Roland, prefers the T20 over the super tac ) In my tests the 66LR IR makes the T20 look stupid.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443140767.263605.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	24405314

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443140784.549628.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24405315

Comment

Working...