No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great to hear about the Photons as I have one on order!

Comment

Originally posted by coacheddy View Post
      i'll throw my two cents in. I have the photon and a set on gen 3 nv goggles. Big difference. I use the goggles to identify...then use the photon only when ready to be on a target.

I just bought the x-sight from jason last week. Was up tonight messing with it here at the house. First impression is it's good. Going to put the photon and x-sight side by side soon.
      watching!!!

Comment

How are you guys liking the X-Sight. I really like the electronics, but initial reports sound like there may be some software issues that has me leary.

Comment

Those thermal scopes are something else!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            How are you guys liking the X-Sight. I really like the electronics, but initial reports sound like there may be some software issues that has me leary.
            Took mine outside last night for a quick peek. No IR. Just a ambient city and moon light. And no problem seeing the hubcaps on the last car on the end of the block about. 100 yards down. Cant wait to gvett it in the field. Haven't viewed it during the day yet. May be a little while before I can. Also looking forward to seeing more downloadable retical options from ATN.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-05-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

The X-Sight is an incredible concept (being able to add significant features and fix problems down the road through Wi-Fi firmware updates). I have done tons and tons of reading on this, and it appears ATN is executing the delivery of this concept very poorly.

Trust me, I WANT this to be as awesome as it could. Built-in color HD daytime video recording, IR sensitivity, and zoom, in one package for $600? It would change (our little corner of) the world.

Comment

In the meantime,I've got my hands on one. I've been waiting a pretty good while. And have learned patients as I've grown old. I can wait some more. Kinda like waiting for a quality buck.
                Or delivery of some .22 about 2 years ago.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-05-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coacheddy View Post
                  I'll throw my two cents in. I have the Photon and a set on Gen 3 NV goggles. Big difference. I use the goggles to identify...then use the Photon only when ready to be on a target.

I just bought the X-sight from Jason last week. Was up tonight messing with it here at the house. First impression is it's good. Going to put the Photon and X-sight side by side soon.

I can't wait to hear your review!

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                  [ATTACH]683244[/ATTACH]

DPMS LR G2 .308
                  Photon XT 4.6
                  SiCo Saker 7.62
                  Barnes 150gr TTSX

I'm loving this rig right here!
                  Heck ya!! Awesome LDP, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    Just shipped my first one off to the factory this morning for a replacement. The mount on the bottom of mine was drilled in crooked as all get out. My first shots were about 6-7 feet to the left of my target at 50 yards and I couldn't get the cross hairs to go over that far without shimming the scope which I don't think is right.

That on top of tons of software issues with mine has me a little leary at this point with the night vision flickering, wandering reticle, inability to hold a consistent zero. Hoping the replacement is better and hoping for a firmware update to fix all the bugs soon.

Comment

Well, I went with a 3/4" riser. Probably going to get a 1/2" riser with quick detach later on. Here's a pic of my set up on a DPMS .308. Bought it off of a fellow TBH'er a couple of weeks ago. OCSS silencer is ordered and should be here by May.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a pic of my sons trampoline pole and the pickets in my backyard using the NV of the X-sight using my iPad. Gonna try it out this weekend in Menard at a buddy's place. Should be neat using the iPad to see what the other guy is shooting.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I got the pulsar 750 digital NV today for identifying targets and pretty pleased. I also have the UNV recorder with screen which makes it so much better. I rigged it to where I can scan like a lightforce. I set up my fox pro out front of my house and I opened a window upstairs. I had seen the coyote coming across the field and that's when I started to recored. I lost him at first.
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GYeYzjyWQ&sns=em"]frontyardyote - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                            I got the pulsar 750 digital NV today for identifying targets and pretty pleased. I also have the UNV recorder with screen which makes it so much better. I rigged it to where I can scan like a lightforce. I set up my fox pro out front of my house and I opened a window upstairs. I had seen the coyote coming across the field and that's when I started to recored. I lost him at first.
                            frontyardyote - YouTube
                            He came right on in up close.

What sound where you playing?

And do you not have a silenced 22?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                              He came right on in up close.

What sound where you playing?

And do you not have a silenced 22?
                              Yea I do! I was fumbling around. Lol.

I was playing baby cottontail.
                              Last edited by boh347; 01-09-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Ok I'm rigging me up a pair of scanning goggles. This is what I got going on. Think I got alittle carried away with this but all well.
                                At the moment i have this going on.

We're afraid that the lcd screen will be to bright so I've come up with this.
                                Pistol grip for the pulsar 750

I'll mount the UNV recorder to it and then I bought a pair of these goggles. RCA guys use these with little video cameras on there helicopters and cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X