No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the videos posted to youtube. Forgive the shakyness, I need practice!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOPjeIak8Yg&sns=em"]NV Hog Hunt with Dry Creek Outfitters and Resolute Nightvision 9-3-15 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      Finally got the videos posted to youtube. Forgive the shakyness, I need practice!

NV Hog Hunt with Dry Creek Outfitters and Resolute Nightvision 9-3-15 - YouTube

Video turned out great!
      Although the quality of the video does not do these scopes justice. They have a far better picture than what you see in the recording.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        Video turned out great!
        Although the quality of the video does not do these scopes justice. They have a far better picture than what you see in the recording.
        Thanks, I wish I would have remembered to grab your DVR so I can compare recording quality. Do you still have your phone video looking through your thermal? If so, can you post it or email it when you get a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Thanks, I wish I would have remembered to grab your DVR so I can compare recording quality. Do you still have your phone video looking through your thermal? If so, can you post it or email it when you get a chance?

I may have it. I'll look in a bit

Comment

I must have deleted it

Comment

I must have deleted it
              Oh well. Hopefully I can get back up there in the next few weeks and we can make another Anybody from the Houston, College Station, Conroe etc area want to schedule a hunt with Dry Creek in the next month or so? Maybe a Friday night?

Comment

Had 15 come in. Shot three little ones. Only got a pic of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                  Had 15 come in. Shot three little ones. Only got a pic of this one.

Very nice, congrats! Love it

Comment

Finally got my colt built like I want so far. Put on an aimpoint today and got it sighted in. I'm going to go shoot it tonight and check zero with the NV unit clipped on. I will post pics of the target in a little while. I hope to be in the field Friday and Saturday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      Finally got my colt built like I want so far. Put on an aimpoint today and got it sighted in. I'm going to go shoot it tonight and check zero with the NV unit clipped on. I will post pics of the target in a little while. I hope to be in the field Friday and Saturday nights.
                      Awesome, looking forward to pics. I have been trying to schedule a crop field NV hog hunt for this weekend but cant find anyone available. I will live vicariously through you

Comment

Well last night a good friend of mine and I went out for a little fun hunt and we got into a mess of hogs. I guess the stars aligned just right because the hogs were moving big time. And with the wind blowing as hard as it was we were able to walk right up on them for some easy shooting.
                        Ended up killing a total of 17 hogs.
                        I was using my 300 blackout SBR with a YHM phantom Ti QD and a Armasight Zeus pro 336 50mm.
                        He was using his sig 716 308 with a silencerco harvester and a Armasight Zeus 336 42mm.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442546957.180481.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24404463

And here's a nice little video I made from the night.

Comment

That's impressive

Comment

Well last night a good friend of mine and I went out for a little fun hunt and we got into a mess of hogs. I guess the stars aligned just right because the hogs were moving big time. And with the wind blowing as hard as it was we were able to walk right up on them for some easy shooting.
                            I was using my 300 blackout SBR with a YHM phantom Ti QD and a Armasight Zeus pro 336 50mm.
                            He was using his sig 716 308 with a silencerco harvester and a Armasight Zeus 336 42mm.
                            [ATTACH]743281[/ATTACH]

https://youtu.be/GaD_VY-uDd4

Hell yeah

Comment

[ATTACH]743281[/ATTACH]

https://youtu.be/GaD_VY-uDd4

Arrghhh! You are killing me! I have been trying and trying to get someone to go back up there with me but nobody can/wants to go. I called Pinoak and he found someone to go. Sure wish I could get back out there with you

Comment

Good shooting!! Liked the vid! Guess you're liking that Armasight quite a bit huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X