Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    [ATTACH]642301[/ATTACH]

Finally got the new, smaller screen for my homemade NV. The original one was too big and just didnt look right. Now that I have found this one I plan on making a new version with the camera, lense and screen all in one housing.
    This new version is pretty sweet!

Comment

Photon, Doubler, External IR, Leupold Mark 2 IMS. ... all came in today. ...... AND where am I? Setting in in-service. Geeeeezzzzz talk about timing.

Comment

Just getting to play with it in the dark. This thing is bad ***!!! And the external ir is like turning on the lights. My neighbors think I'm crazy standing in the front yard giggling in the dark.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Just getting to play with it in the dark. This thing is bad ***!!! And the external ir is like turning on the lights. My neighbors think I'm crazy standing in the front yard giggling in the dark.

Lol, it's pretty nifty!
          Last edited by Chad C; 08-14-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Well... Went to mount it to the AR... The leupold Mark 2 IMS 30mm mount is too long... the sight mark has a very short tube.... so pfffttttttt The mount worked well with the long tube of my Leupold 6.5-20x40... it found a new home there but that helps me none right now... Headed back to the drawing boar for a 30mm mount.

Found an answer Leupold Mark 4 Super high Rings
            Last edited by Coach W; 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

RIGHT!? Those ir illuminators are sweeeset..

That sucks coach. Im just gonna hold out until you find a good one then claim I found it on my own..hehe.
              Last edited by Chuy; 08-14-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
                Lglidewell mount that Pvs 14 to a rifle with an Infared laser or any laser sight and it's amazingly accurate. My favorite military rifle was and m16A4 with an Pvs 14 and an ir laser called a peq2.
                This is how I do it. PVS 14 (now with a mil spec 3X lens) rifle mounted with a laser. Good to go!

Couple pics of Weds night, enjoying the big moon. Pops on the gun, and Yote that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 6.8 and 120 SST may be a little much for Yotes.
                Attached Files

Comment

Definitely in the market for a ir illuminator. No complaints at all with these scopes. Had no options at the moment for guns other than the wife's savage 11 .243 bore sighted the scope and after a one shot adjustment at 100 yards I was able to stack 2 about 1/2". Very impressed with it to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
                    This is how I do it. PVS 14 (now with a mil spec 3X lens) rifle mounted with a laser. Good to go!

Couple pics of Weds night, enjoying the big moon. Pops on the gun, and Yote that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. 6.8 and 120 SST may be a little much for Yotes.
                    From the pic, I'd say it was just right . That is, unless you were fur hunting in the fall/winter/spring.

Nice set-ups by the way

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      For those who bought the 1.7x doubler for the Photon 3.5, do you have any idea why it cost so much?

And whats the cheapest place you found one? Why would just a doubler cost more than a new 3x9x40 Buckmaster scope?

Because if you buy the scope for a great price and there is an awesome upgrade they know eventually your going to get it. once you buy it they got you

Comment

Well.... it has found a temporary home on a full size AR... This thing is HEAVY now!!! It wasn't a light AR to start with... mark 4 30mm super high rings were the answer.

Comment

One shot and that velcro mount's gonna be toast.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            One shot and that velcro mount's gonna be toast.
                            Funny you say that. It's been through a year of torture so far on a lot of stuff. I was worried about it myself at first but at under 3 bucks shipped they've proven to be worth it.
                            I will probably move it to the scope only because it's a PIA to reach on the barrel.

Comment

if that's a floated barrel then it would theoretically effect barrel whip as well...

its an interesting idea though...

Comment

Just got this in from my Sightmark Rep on the new updated Photons:

Photon XT L

· Higher Magnification - 6.5x50

· Higher 640x480 resolution

· Longer Detection Range

· 33% Longer Battery Life

· Now Has 6 Reticles

· 20% Lighter Weight

Photon XT S

· Higher Magnification - 4.6x42

· Higher 640x480 resolution

· Longer Detection Range

· 33% Longer Battery Life