• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done some night hunting with a pvs14... Really hoping to try thermal

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
      Helmet

Mount

I like the setup, but it is heavy. I'm going to pick up a team wendy bump helmet.

I have an Envis Gen 3 monocular in a PVS-14 Larue Tactical mount behind an Aimpoint Pro, but I really want a helmet rig.

Comment

I think both ways have there advatages. I really like the helmet mount. It just gets hot and heavy after a while. I think the TW bump helmet will fix those issues.

Comment

Larue mount.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
            I think both ways have there advatages. I really like the helmet mount. It just gets hot and heavy after a while. I think the TW bump helmet will fix those issues.

The TW helmet makes it much better. I went with the Ops Core Fast helmet. The ballistic helmets are too heavy, if you don't have to worry about being shot at.

Comment

What is a good or great IR laser for helmet mount NV hunting?

Comment

The DBAL I2 works well. That is the one I am using.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

A friend of mine got this in the mail today. He works off shore and left yesterday for two weeks. So I get to play with it until he gets back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is that the ATN X sight II?

Comment

Originally posted by RRFishNHunt View Post
                        Is that the ATN X sight II?

Si

Comment

I waited over a month for one of those and called and they said possibly another month so I cancelled my order and got the original one. I will probably get one of those also, but will wait awhile to make sure the bugs are worked out. Can't wait to see some updates of how your "testing it out" looks:-)!!

Comment

Well I took it out tonight not mounted on a gun. I am really impressed with the daylight part. It does get pretty "grainy" at higher magnification. The night time side with the included IR illuminator is good for around 100 yards. The extra illuminator doesn't work out of the box....

Comment

Originally posted by RRFishNHunt View Post
                              I waited over a month for one of those and called and they said possibly another month so I cancelled my order and got the original one. I will probably get one of those also, but will wait awhile to make sure the bugs are worked out. Can't wait to see some updates of how your "testing it out" looks:-)!!
                              He waited around 45 day if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X