Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkee View Post
    what is the full name of your scope ? I am in the market and want to compare with others .

This is the model I have. They make a 3x12 as well. The only difference really is the FOV.

Comment

Anybody messed with these? I played with one last night. I was very impressed

Comment

Have not, but MSRP seems a little steep when you consider x-sight and photon quality is pretty good for $5-600 range

Comment

Shot this one day before Thanksgiving. Gen 2 ANN clip on.

Comment

Originally posted by trx250r View Post
            Shot this one day before Thanksgiving. Gen 2 ANN clip on.

Comment

Hey fellas I wanted to share my latest YouTube videos on the Sightmark Photon XT and UNV 20IR. The Photon XT video goes over all the features and I offer a detailed explanation on the difference in the 3 Photon XT models, 4.6x42S, 6.5x50S and 6.5x50L. I try to answer some of the commonly asked questions I've heard since the XT's were released last fall.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

As for the Ultimate Night Vision 20IR illuminator, this is a basic overview and it helps show how the illuminator can be mounted for the most practical use. Also, since I shot this video, UNV has upgraded the 18650 battery to a very high quality Nitecore battery, much better than the old ones. UNV sells the 20IR with 1 battery but I'm including a 2nd Nitecore battery at no extra cost. I will have them for sale on the website soon if someone needs a quality replacement 18650 and I believe they will be $12.95/each. Also included with the 20IR now is a Nightcore single battery charger with a small LCD display that shows the battery charge percentage. Too bad all those upgrades weren't final before I shot the video.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Thanks for checking out the videos. Any "likes" and subscribes are always appreciated!

- Jason

Comment

OK, I've about got the CFO convinced we need a night vision scope. Has anyone laid hands on both the Photon XT and the ATN X-sight? I'm leaning towards the X-sight.

Comment

Depends on what you want to do with it. Do you plan to day hunt and night hunt with it or will it be strictly a night hunting setup?

The Photon is a straight forward setup with a fixed magnification and black and white daytime image. I would say the night time image is better than the X-sight with an external IR light. There are three models of the Photon right now; 4.6x , 6.5x with LED IR and the 6.5x with a laser IR.

The X-sight has a nice color day time image, on board DVR, wifi, GPS, and too many other features to list. If you have on several of the featrues the X-sight will EAT batteries fast. It is zoomable, but it's a digital zoom, so the image won't be as crisp as optical magnification. Another good feature about the X-sight is that it's firmware is updatable and the scope will hopefully continue to get better as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    Depends on what you want to do with it. Do you plan to day hunt and night hunt with it or will it be strictly a night hunting setup?

The Photon is a straight forward setup with a fixed magnification and black and white daytime image. I would say the night time image is better than the X-sight with an external IR light. There are three models of the Photon right now; 4.6x , 6.5x with LED IR and the 6.5x with a laser IR.

The X-sight has a nice color day time image, on board DVR, wifi, GPS, and too many other features to list. If you have on several of the featrues the X-sight will EAT batteries fast. It is zoomable, but it's a digital zoom, so the image won't be as crisp as optical magnification. Another good feature about the X-sight is that it's firmware is updatable and the scope will hopefully continue to get better as time goes on.
                    That's a great run down. I'm still a fan for the Photon over the X-Sight for a lot of reasons but depending on what features you want/need, the X-Sight is a good option for some people. If you are looking for a tried and true, no frills NV optic that gets the job done right out of the box and is easy to use, the Photon is the best choice. If you want bells and whistles, the X-Sight has them all.

Comment

Primary Arms has the ATN 3-12 on sale rights now for $429. Pulling the trigger on one tomorrow after the bonus hits the bank.

Comment

Whats a good ir under $100 cheapers fine saw a few on amazon. Just got a photon 4.6xt also suggestion s for mounts. Gonna throw it on an ar.
                        Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 12-20-2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                          Whats a good ir under $100 cheapers fine saw a few on amazon. Just got a photon 4.6xt also suggestion s for mounts. Gonna throw it on an ar.
                          Below is my suggestion for mounts if you are putting it on something with a picatinny rail, like an AR-15. Customers buy these with 95% of all the Photons I sell. http://www.outdoorlegacygear.com/sig...ht-mounts.html They are sold individually, so you need to buy 2 to get a pair.

If you choose to go another route, just make sure you buy 30mm rings that are at least 3/4" tall. If they are less, the Photon will not have sufficient clearance and you won't be able to mount it. Most all standard rings provide 1/2" of clearance, just be sure you get 3/4".

Hope that helps.

I don't have suggestion on an IR under $100. I sell the UNV 20IR but it's significantly more money. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for! Get that Photon mounted up so we can see some kill shots.

- Jason

Comment

"Good" doesn't exist under $100. Grab some duct tape and a MagLite if that's your budget ceiling.

I have one from Jason (Outdoor Legacy). It's great. I also have one from Sniper Hog lights. It's also great. A third options is the UNV Torch Pro. The second version was just released last week.

The IR light is the Photon's lifeline. Do not cheap out on it. With a quality IR, the only distance limit will be how far away YOUR eyeball can identify a target at 4.6 power.

Comment

Our 30LR flashlight with IR, 2 batteries(light only uses 1 battery at a time) and charger is about $110.00 and with our 10% discount we give to TBH members you will be right at $100.00 and this light will shine about the exact same distance as the UNV 20 but is smaller then the UNV 20. Our 50LR flashlight is $10.00 more but it will shine about 1.5 times as far as our 30LR and our 66LR will shine twice as far as our 30LR. I have yet to hear anyone say there is a IR light that shines further then our 66LR. You can even look at past post on this thread and see members that are using our lights. You can check out all our products by clicking here. To get our 10% discount, you must send me a PM and I will send you coupon code for 10% off.

Comment

I use the 66LR with my ATN X-Sight 5x18. It's a beast!!! Here is a video of a hog kill. The pig is at 110 yards or so.

It was pitch black outside. No moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X