No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oldest daughter Lyndee shot her first ( recovered ) pig last night. I have had a group of pigs coming by occasionally here at the house. I put one of my pig pipes out a few days ago and they got on it the same night. Been busy and didnt get to actually check it till yesterday. Refilled it and went out to look at it a little before dark. Nothing. Waited till around 8pm and took the NV out there and looked and there they were, tearing it up. I trotted back to the house and told her to get her shoes on ( she was in her night clothes now ) and I grabbed the 6.8 and we headed back there. Got around maybe 80-90yds from em and set up the sticks. It took her a bit to get settled but she got on em and squeezed the trigger. As it fired it looked like she had pull off and onto the guts but I wasnt sure. We went back to the house to review the video and thankfully, I was wrong. Good solid hit. We went back to recover and found it maybe 30yds away in thick brush.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444143192.339228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	24408150

I made her put pants on and the camo shirt just for the pic

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      My oldest daughter Lyndee shot her first ( recovered ) pig last night. I have had a group of pigs coming by occasionally here at the house. I put one of my pig pipes out a few days ago and they got on it the same night. Been busy and didnt get to actually check it till yesterday. Refilled it and went out to look at it a little before dark. Nothing. Waited till around 8pm and took the NV out there and looked and there they were, tearing it up. I trotted back to the house and told her to get her shoes on ( she was in her night clothes now ) and I grabbed the 6.8 and we headed back there. Got around maybe 80-90yds from em and set up the sticks. It took her a bit to get settled but she got on em and squeezed the trigger. As it fired it looked like she had pull off and onto the guts but I wasnt sure. We went back to the house to review the video and thankfully, I was wrong. Good solid hit. We went back to recover and found it maybe 30yds away in thick brush.

[ATTACH]747558[/ATTACH]

I made her put pants on and the camo shirt just for the pic
      That's a good pig!
      That's funny she shot it in her pajamas lol.
      When's the video getting posted?

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        That's a good pig!
        That's funny she shot it in her pajamas lol.
        When's the video getting posted?
        The "shoes" she put on were blue puffy house shoes
        There is quite a bit of editing to do so it may be a day or two. Believe it or not her video is even more shaky than the ones I do!

Comment

Keaton, I have had a few people ask about the video quality when I post videos on youtube. As you know, actual clarity is much better than in the recorded videos. It looks like I will have to stop being cheap and buy a MDVR but I want to make sure the recorded video will be good enough to be worth $200+. If you dont mind, would it be possible for me to borrow your for the entire hunt I have scheduled this Saturday?

Comment

Keaton, I have had a few people ask about the video quality when I post videos on youtube. As you know, actual clarity is much better than in the recorded videos. It looks like I will have to stop being cheap and buy a MDVR but I want to make sure the recorded video will be good enough to be worth $200+. If you dont mind, would it be possible for me to borrow your for the entire hunt I have scheduled this Saturday?

It's 720p. Plenty good.

Comment

Yes sir! I'd be more than happy to let you use it. I might be tied up this weekend with a bachelor party but I might be able to still come hunt Saturday. Either way I'll make sure you get the MDVR to use.

Comment

Yes sir! I'd be more than happy to let you use it. I might be tied up this weekend with a bachelor party but I might be able to still come hunt Saturday. Either way I'll make sure you get the MDVR to use.
                Awesome, thanks

Comment

Awesome, thanks

No problem bud

Comment

The more I think about this the more it seems someone has their priorities out of whack!

Comment

The more I think about this the more it seems someone has their priorities out of whack!

Lol I'll be around the area. Just will be busy doing bachelor party stuff [emoji16]

Comment

My son and I hunted with Dry Creek again this weekend. Had a great time, my shooting was poor with the running pigs. We lost a few we clearly hit but me, my son and another guy ended up with 6 total ( I believe ). Worst part is I broke Keatons MDVR! Not totally sure what happened but I have another one on the way for him. Due to that I didnt get much video. I wish I had video of my son Laynes good one. He shot it and it stumbled but took off so we both let loose on him. He had 5 holes in him when he finally hit the ground hehe!

Layne

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444663764.435196.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24408840

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444663787.030290.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24408841

Comment

Looks like fun, I want one!!!

Comment

Dude Mike those MDVRs are pretty stout. How on earth did you manage to break it?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              Dude Mike those MDVRs are pretty stout. How on earth did you manage to break it?
                              Arent you glad I didnt borrow yours! Im not sure but 2 things happened that may have done it. We were in the mule riding blacked out along a fenceline and I had the rifle on my lap pointed to the left ( I was in the rear seat, drivers side ) and I remember thinking "isnt there a fence right there, we are getting awefully close...nah we must be past it". There wasnt any moon so it was pretty dark. Right then a tpost caught the barrel and wedged between me, the tpost and back seat. The guide hit the brakes instantly and I ripped the rifle free. He backed off the barbed wire fence, checked the tires and fenders ( they were rubbed but fine ) and we proceded. I couldnt see much but felt around on the rifle and it felt fine. A bit later the guide spotted a lone boar on the neighboring property so we set Layne up to shoot, I set my rifle on the ground ( stupid ) to help layne set up. ( we didnt have access to that property ) Once he crossed the fence we waited till he was well on our property Layne shot him. I picked up my rifle and checked it and realized the plug was bent. I realized I had broken Keatons plug and was upset but figured I would just buy a new one. I grabbed a plug/cable out of my bag and tried it but it just showed "no signal". Then I got upset for real. I messed with it and tried everything I could think of and it wouldnt receive the signal. I am fairly sure when the plug got broken it broke the plug connection inside the DVR. Keaton is going to send it to me when he receives the new one.

Comment

First off, Mike I'm glad yall had fun again and was able to kill a nice stack of hogs again! Wish I could have been around to hunt with yall but I was just too tied up.
                                Second, don't worry too much about the MDVR. Accidents happen and it's just a material item that can be replaced and I'm very thankful that you are. I'll be sure to mail you my old one once I get that new one and I bet you're smart enough to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X