No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this thread hasnt move in a couple of days so yall forced me into this.....

Latest update to my NV unit. Trying to get away from the stock mounted battery pack. Made a battery tube that mounts on the unit. Now the on/off switch is the endcap, works just like ( actually is ) a flashlight button. Pardon the lack of anodizing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443569378.190505.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	24407429

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443569404.494168.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24407430

Comment

Looks good mike! Get them wires tucked away and anodize that tube. Lazy! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        Looks good mike! Get them wires tucked away and anodize that tube. Lazy! Lol
        Yeah, the wires wont have the plugs inline like this one and the osd button will be attached to the unit. I did this one like that initially just for ease of plugging/unplugging during testing. Not sure what Im going to do about anodizing yet. Its a $90 minimum charge so I want to get a few other parts done before I send em to spread out the cost. Yeah....Im a cheapskate and as i like to say "times is hard"

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            Well, this thread hasnt move in a couple of days so yall forced me into this.....

Latest update to my NV unit. Trying to get away from the stock mounted battery pack. Made a battery tube that mounts on the unit. Now the on/off switch is the endcap, works just like ( actually is ) a flashlight button. Pardon the lack of anodizing.

[ATTACH]746144[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]746145[/ATTACH]
            Looking good Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

[ATTACH]746144[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]746145[/ATTACH]
              pretty dang sweet. crazy to see this thing come around like it has.

Comment

Facebook link to a good size boar kill shot. ATN X-Sight 5x18 with 66LR IR Torch.

Comment

Link isnt working for me but I dont have facebook. Nice one, looks like he has good teeth! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                    I wondered about that. Appreciate the advice. Do you use one on a crossbow also?
                    Never tried that,.but I like your style.

Comment

FB link is not working for me either.

Comment

Well done Skinny .

Comment

Here's the clip on YouTube!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Here's the clip on YouTube!

http://youtu.be/DFCEQmrMP80

Comment

Set and ready!