No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the suppressor really make much difference when shooting multiples? I always figured the bullet slap still spooked the others enough that they would spook anyway.

( I dont have a 300BO, just 6.8 and 223 )

Comment

Guess I'll see how this ATN HD scope works out!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
        Good shooting!! Liked the vid! Guess you're liking that Armasight quite a bit huh?

Yes sir! It's working out great

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Does the suppressor really make much difference when shooting multiples? I always figured the bullet slap still spooked the others enough that they would spook anyway.

( I dont have a 300BO, just 6.8 and 223 )

I believe it does. It really makes it difficult for them to pinpoint where the shots are coming from. Especially since I don't use any light source. So if I shoot pigs at the back the bullet slap is coming from behind the group and they'll run towards you or just across in front.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            I believe it does. It really makes it difficult for them to pinpoint where the shots are coming from. Especially since I don't use any light source. So if I shoot pigs at the back the bullet slap is coming from behind the group and they'll run towards you or just across in front.
            Sounds like I need one. Of course I wont be shooting subsonic.....

Comment

Sounds like I need one. Of course I wont be shooting subsonic.....

Neither do I. Subsonic is overrated. Leave it on the range. His 308 was just about as quiet as my blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                Guess I'll see how this ATN HD scope works out!

Do work Son!

Comment

I don't have an AR or pretend to have any premonitions.
                  +
                  Asking all here, what is the best value out there? Would think a 120+ gr bullet is my liking. 308 is even better.

Appreciate everyone's input. Custom or factory works for me.

Comment

Replaced the factory IR torch with a 66LR from Sniper Hog Lights. Should get the IR module in the mail soon. Quite a difference!!!

Comment

Replaced the factory IR torch with a 66LR from Sniper Hog Lights. Should get the IR module in the mail soon. Quite a difference!!!
                      Yep, the 66 is awesome. Let me know what kind of real world range you get with it once it comes in, please.

Comment

We are headed out for the night. Not sure what will happen, but I will keep yall posted if we get into anything.

Comment

I would not recommend hanging that giant thing off the scope's puny little accessory rail. You will have much better luck mounting light to your key mod rail. Also, please report back on that mount. It looks windage/elevation adjustable and I want to know if those things retain their zeros during recoil.

Comment

Yep, the 66 is awesome. Let me know what kind of real world range you get with it once it comes in, please.
                            Will do!

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            I would not recommend hanging that giant thing off the scope's puny little accessory rail. You will have much better luck mounting light to your key mod rail. Also, please report back on that mount. It looks windage/elevation adjustable and I want to know if those things retain their zeros during recoil.

Yes I'm going to move it to the key mod rail. I just slapped it on there for grins tonight.

I'll report back with how it holds zero...

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                              We are headed out for the night. Not sure what will happen, but I will keep yall posted if we get into anything.
                              Looking forward to pics!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X