Shield 9mm or .40cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
    Yeah I know. I have nothing against glocks. Used to hate them until the gen 4 came out and have one. But I still am a 1911 fan in 9mm.
    Lol that was total sarcasm I was kidding

Comment

I should wildcat a 9.5mm off of a 40 case. I'd be rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        Or you could get this!

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
          You realize that like alot of cops shoot glocks right?
          Probably in the vicinity of 70% with several other guns combining for a 30% share.

Under tcp's reasoning, Glock is the preeminent firearm so anyone not shooting one is making a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex.308 View Post
            tpcollins.....

Acting like 1 caliber is sooooo far superior to another is just plain stupidity!

ike
            :d:d:d:d
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              Lmbo

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                Probably in the vicinity of 70% with several other guns combining for a 30% share.

Under tcp's reasoning, Glock is the preeminent firearm so anyone not shooting one is making a mistake.

Duh!

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                  Glad to see we have an expert here on the green screen. My local police department issued .40 S&W to their officers and that is also the preference of our State Police. Evidently they don't know as much as Mike . . .
                  Actually DPS is going back to 9mm.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                    Actually DPS is going back to 9mm.
                    He's not in Texas.

Comment

There's the problem!!!!!!

Comment

Shield 9mm or .40cal

ALL handguns and handgun calibers commonly used for defensive purposes are marginal killers at best. Incapacitation does not result until the human body is incapable of function. A handgun can not cause immediate incapacitation UNLESS the brain or spine are severed. Lacking that, you will have to wait for the suspect to either bleed out, or suffocate for incapacitation to result. Thus the saying, "let the air in and the blood out."
                        Energy=Mass X Velocity2. Hand gun projectiles carry large mass, and develop energy via that mass. Hand guns lack velocity. Unlike rifle ammunition that carries generally lower mass, but double or more the velocity of most hand gun ammunition. In the formula for energy, velocity a square. Thus, more energy is made available through an increase in velocity than an increase in mass. 
                        There is NO defensive hand gun cartridge that develops enough energy to cause hydro-static shock, or the breaking of internal cellular structures through a shock wave that travels through the body. The only damage that is caused by a hand gun projectile it that which the projectile actually touches and breaks. 
                        This is unlike a rifle, that wounds by a huge displacement of energy onto the target. If you have ever shot a deer squarely in the shoulder with a rifle, you have seen wounding through hydrostatic shock. That resulted in the big bloody jello mass of broken cells. A hand gun can not do that. Simply, there is not enough energy produced. 
                        So, to kill with ANY hand gun, the projectile is actually going to have to impact an break something significant inside of the body. The more significant the body part,the quicker the incapacitation. Brain stem, brain, high spine, heart, aorta, lungs, liver, and on down from there.
                        Last edited by Full Throttle; 01-05-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onetondodge View Post
                          There's the problem!!!!!!

Just noticed that. Just a Yankee. Nothin to worry about.

Comment

I give up.

At the beginning of this novel, the OP was asking about whether he should get a 9 or a .40. All I did was say When you go to the gun shop, ask the sales person to open up a box of 9mm and a .40 S&W and then decide which one you want to save your life. Actually, awhile back I went to a gun dealer to buy a Springfield XD 9mm. The salesman opened a box of 9mm and .40 S&W and asked me that same exact question. I'm should call him Monday and tell him he was wrong.

Then Mikey thought it was necessary to belittle me on a public forum. I didn't realize there were so many liberals on this forum trying to force their views on everybody and ridicule them if they didn't. I thought people were allowed to have a choice. Oh wait a minute, our administration is wanting to take our freedoms and choices away. I'll just get in line with the other sheep.

It was asked why I'm so enamored with what caliber law enforcement carries. That was stupid of me to think just because the police seem to favor .40 for their protection, in a highly stressful job with a potential for danger everyday, they've got it wrong. They should listen to the recommendations here and trade them in for 9mm.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Shield 9mm or .40cal

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                                I give up.

At the beginning of this novel, the OP was asking about whether he should get a 9 or a .40. All I did was say When you go to the gun shop, ask the sales person to open up a box of 9mm and a .40 S&W and then decide which one you want to save your life. Actually, awhile back I went to a gun dealer to buy a Springfield XD 9mm. The salesman opened a box of 9mm and .40 S&W and asked me that same exact question. I'm should call him Monday and tell him he was wrong.

Then Mikey thought it was necessary to belittle me on a public forum. I didn't realize there were so many liberals on this forum trying to force their views on everybody and ridicule them if they didn't. I thought people were allowed to have a choice. Oh wait a minute, our administration is wanting to take our freedoms and choices away. I'll just get in line with the other sheep.

It was asked why I'm so enamored with what caliber law enforcement carries. That was stupid of me to think just because the police seem to favor .40 for their protection, in a highly stressful job with a potential for danger everyday, they've got it wrong. They should listen to the recommendations here and trade them in for 9mm.

Happy New Year!
                                My intent never was to belittle you but to educate you. And yes, you should go tell the gun shop salesman that he was wrong and needs to do some homework himself.

In a nutshell, there is no difference in killing ability, stopping power or whatever other term you want to put to it between typical service handgun calibers. Full throttle's post above states this very well.

I've done everything I can to show you my side of the argument of the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of handgun calibers. Whether you choose to look at what I presented and see for yourself is up to you.
                                Last edited by Mike D; 01-05-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X