Which Scope for .17HMR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    Im not in the majority, i fairly often shoot my rimfire out to 500 yards, easily picking off bird size targets at long ranges. . My 77/17 wears a VX-2 4-12x40 lr reticle and my 77/22 wears a Mark AR 6-18x40 mil dot reticle.

My theory if if I'm going to spend time behind the gun, even if only for a short time, i might as well be looking through great glass.

So, to fully answer that question we need to know your price point, ranges, and usage.
    For the .17 I will keep most shots under 200yds (probably closer to 100), except for the few times I stretch it out. Budget is up to $400 for glass, however wouldn't mind keeping it less.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      For the .17 I will keep most shots under 200yds (probably closer to 100), except for the few times I stretch it out. Budget is up to $400 for glass, however wouldn't mind keeping it less.
      Leupold VX-2 4-12x40 or VX3 4.5-14x40... Anything besides the standard reticle would be cool. Mildots come in handy often with judging wind and elevation.

Comment

Think about when it will be used, low light etc. and how often you will use it and base your need for better glass off that. I agree with a leupold I have tried the mueller and the glass is horrible, vortex is decent but they don't compare w leupy as everyone states IMO. I understand they are cheaper but you get you pay for and a gun is only as good as the glass that sits on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
          Think about when it will be used, low light etc. and how often you will use it and base your need for better glass off that. I agree with a leupold I have tried the mueller and the glass is horrible, vortex is decent but they don't compare w leupy as everyone states IMO. I understand they are cheaper but you get you pay for and a gun is only as good as the glass that sits on top of it.
          Thanks

Comment

I'm running a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm. It's a little overkill IMO but I do love it!

Comment

Nikon 3x9x40 BDC Rimfire

Comment

Ended up purchasing a rifle and scope today. Went with the Vortex Crossfire II 6-18...Arrowsmith definitely had the best deal, however I had a stack of Academy gift cards to use so I picked it up from them. Excuse the fancy shooting table and custom sandbags in my pic.

Comment

Working...
                X