What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    I didn't buy a gun (today) but I did get a 500lbs box to keep what I have protected.

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael
    I bought one just like that a few years ago, trust me, you should have bought a bigger one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
      I bought one just like that a few years ago, trust me, you should have bought a bigger one.

Yep, I bought a 64 gun Cannon for fathesday. 2 weeks ago, I took the shelves out of it because I was out if room on one side and needed the other! And a 64 gun safe MIGHT hold 64 22lr crickets or maybe 64 derringers, but it dang sure wont hold 64 useful rifles!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
        Yep, I bought a 64 gun Cannon for fathesday. 2 weeks ago, I took the shelves out of it because I was out if room on one side and needed the other! And a 64 gun safe MIGHT hold 64 22lr crickets or maybe 64 derringers, but it dang sure wont hold 64 useful rifles!!!!!

Only if you've got em in socks, and standing up and down both ways. You might get close that way

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
          Only if you've got em in socks, and standing up and down both ways. You might get close that way
          and removed all wood from the safe and all scopes, and any other accessories!

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
            and removed all wood from the safe and all scopes, and any other accessories!

For sure have to pull out the lower support stuff in the safe. I've fit 48 into my 48 standing in their racks which is crazy space inefficient

Comment

It isn't a gun but it shoots 355 fps. Carbon Express CX3-SL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post

I got a real good deal on it second hand from my local FFL.

Comment

I went a little crazy the last 1.5 months... from top to bottom

DPMS LR-308 Sportical - AAC 51t mount and Magpul ACS so far... Free float handguard, scope and trigger coming soon...

YHM 5.56 - took about a year to accumulate all the YHM parts (minus lower parts kit and BCG)

All original Colt CAR-A3 HBAR Elite with same time frame Springfield Armory Tactical Govt model 4-14x40 5.56 scope. I also have the original Colt B-Square scope mount, but upgraded it to the newer Colt Competition scope mount.

Ruger stainless 10/22 manufactured in 1994. Stainless barrel band and trigger guard. A few small indentations on the stock which are hard to see, but that's it!

Lower on the left I already had. Lower on the right is a stripped Spikes lower that I'll probably make into a pistol truck gun.

Lastly, a pre-ban Olympic Arms OA-93 upper with the wide takedown pivot lug. I'm fixing to disassemble the OA-93 upper and have the stripped upper machines to current mil-spec specs so it'll fit on my SBR lowers. I've also been thinking about replacing the barrel to a Noveske 8.5" 300 blackout... or maybe making it a carbine side charging upper... I don't know!

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post

Lastly, a pre-ban Olympic Arms OA-93 upper with the wide takedown pivot lug. I'm fixing to disassemble the OA-93 upper and have the stripped upper machines to current mil-spec specs so it'll fit on my SBR lowers. I've also been thinking about replacing the barrel to a Noveske 8.5" 300 blackout... or maybe making it a carbine side charging upper... I don't know!

I may, or may not, have a matching pre-ban lower

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      I may, or may not, have a matching pre-ban lower

Brotha, you HAVE my attention! Did you snag it from Caleb?

Comment

Not anything fancy but I bought a 10/22 carbine on Tuesday already trying to figure out what sights to get and gonna order a mag pull hunter X22 stock soon

Comment

Brotha, you HAVE my attention! Did you snag it from Caleb?

I did and will share. Another spontaneous purchase

Comment

I went a little crazy the last 1.5 months... from top to bottom

DPMS LR-308 Sportical - AAC 51t mount and Magpul ACS so far... Free float handguard, scope and trigger coming soon...

YHM 5.56 - took about a year to accumulate all the YHM parts (minus lower parts kit and BCG)

All original Colt CAR-A3 HBAR Elite with same time frame Springfield Armory Tactical Govt model 4-14x40 5.56 scope. I also have the original Colt B-Square scope mount, but upgraded it to the newer Colt Competition scope mount.

Ruger stainless 10/22 manufactured in 1994. Stainless barrel band and trigger guard. A few small indentations on the stock which are hard to see, but that's it!

Lower on the left I already had. Lower on the right is a stripped Spikes lower that I'll probably make into a pistol truck gun.

Great buys! Just wanted to mention Ballistic Advantage barrels - I've switched to them from Noveske because they're every bit as good as my Noveske barrels and they might even be better quality. I'm getting better groups out of them than my Noveskes and they're about $100 cheaper. Hard to beat their quality and 5r rifling. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you didn't know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                              Great buys! Just wanted to mention Ballistic Advantage barrels - I've switched to them from Noveske because they're every bit as good as my Noveske barrels and they might even be better quality. I'm getting better groups out of them than my Noveskes and they're about $100 cheaper. Hard to beat their quality and 5r rifling. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you didn't know about them.

Thank you for the info Mr. Nick, I will definitely do some reading on them and probably follow suit as you did. I dread buying Noveske barrels cause they cost so much (to me), but I've always been pleased with their accuracy with the ammo I shoot. I had made a mental note a while back when I read a post you had added about those barrels, but since then had forgotten completely about it.

What ammo are you shooting through those Ballistic Advantage 300 blackout barrels?

Thank you again sir!
                              Lee

Comment

I'm fired up, over the past 3 months I've been working deals and finally was able to get these three awesome pistols. I've wanted 2 of them most of my life (the delta elite and python) and found an awesome gem in the mark III trooper along the way. I had money saved up for a vacation this year that got postponed and was able to get these ponies. I reached out to several of you guys via pm looking for advice on some of these and I appreciate all the feedback and knowledge. Can't wait to put some rounds down range!

Comment

Working...
                                X