What gun did you buy today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    Nice SBR... how long did your form 1 take?
    I'm also very interested in the groups that 9" AAC 300 BLK produces. Go shoot it. .. it's a beautiful day!

It took just over 8 months to get it. Was not an E-file.
    Unfortunately won't get to go shoot it today, but going to try tomorrow

Comment

Its pretty nice today.... atleast it is here...Have you got to shoot it yet?

Comment

Finally shot my G41 this morning. I can tell you, it shoots like a dream! Also finally shot my G20 with all the upgrades from LWD, barrel and SS guide rod with 20# spring. It was hole puncher. Blew the center mass to the smithereens! Didn't feel any recoil. Used underwood Ammos as well. Can't wait for LWD to make a barrel for my g41, SS rod and the spring as well. Pretty good morning today after I taught my student the basic firearms training and shooting at the range. She shot really well. Mostly center mass. No off shoot or miss for her second time shooting in her life. Shot my xdm 9mm 3.8" compact. Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Hope you have better luck than I did with them Chad. They are what made me switch to Glock.

I switched to Glock as well. Now I'm a Glock junkie. Shoots much better than any gun I've shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            What issues did you have or what did you not like?

So far I've had zero issues. I want to buy the Glock 42, but I'd rather have a single stack 9. This XDS feels good... I'll take it up to Shoot Smart in the next few days to get some rounds down range.
            I'm no MikeD, but I had issues with a SA XD as well. Have not shot the XDm our XDs, so I can't comment there, but my original XD40, service sized, would literally jam every 3-4 shots, every magazine between 5 mags. At first thought it was just break in (my first new pistol) but after the first 500 rounds, it was still doing it. I sent it back to Springfield twice for repairs, each time they claimed it was "in spec" but they recut the feed ramp anyway. It got better, but still jammed at least 2-3 times out of a 50 round box of bullets. I sold it, got a Glock and lived happily ever after. The jamming was a failure to completely chamber a round. It would strip the round from the mag and start it into the chamber, but it would get hung up at about a 45 degree angle half in and half out of the chamber.

Comment

What gun did you buy today?

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              I'm no MikeD, but I had issues with a SA XD as well. Have not shot the XDm our XDs, so I can't comment there, but my original XD40, service sized, would literally jam every 3-4 shots, every magazine between 5 mags. At first thought it was just break in (my first new pistol) but after the first 500 rounds, it was still doing it. I sent it back to Springfield twice for repairs, each time they claimed it was "in spec" but they recut the feed ramp anyway. It got better, but still jammed at least 2-3 times out of a 50 round box of bullets. I sold it, got a Glock and lived happily ever after. The jamming was a failure to completely chamber a round. It would strip the round from the mag and start it into the chamber, but it would get hung up at about a 45 degree angle half in and half out of the chamber.

Interesting. My XD 3" 9 has performed flawless and I've put 1k rounds through it. I haven't shot the XDS yet.

Comment

I think it was a problem with the XD40 personally. A function of the diameter of the round, length of the case and angle the round has to reach to enter the chamber. The shape of the 40 bullets might have something to do with it as well. I've heard nothing bad about the XD9. A buddy of mine has an XD45 with no problems, but the standard 45acp is a round nose type bullet, and the case is longer. Additionally, that pistol was designed around the 45 round whereas the 40 pistol is designed around the 9mm round.

Comment

Was on the hunt for another Remington 700 in a short action caliber. Really didn't care what caliber. Something about how a Rem 700 looks just appeals to me. Well this weekend I picked up this project Rem 700 in 243. Someone put this garage camp paint job. I had the intentions of sending to a gunsmith and duracoating the rifle to make it back nice looking. After stripping the rifle down I realize the rifle is a stainless model!!!! Now I'm going to just strip the spray paint off and leave it stainless. Can't wait to get the project started. So far this how she looks with my Leupold scope I had waiting for my next rifle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sikes lower

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                      Sikes lower
                      You mean spikes?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                        You mean spikes?
                        No, what an idiot! Come back when you know what your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                          No, what an idiot! Come back when you know what your talking about.

Lmao!

Comment

1968 Buffalo Bill Commemerative Winchester 30-30. Unfired and still in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              Lmao!
                              Who is the idiot? I'm so confused...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X