No announcement yet.

Over/Under Shotgun question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought, sold, and traded over/under shotguns in the 90’s and have owned a bunch, and my preferences for a “using” gun are Browning Citoris and/or Beretta 686 Onyx. I’m currently in possession of two older Onyx 12 and 20, and both have factory English stocks.
    That being said, if I was in the market today, I’d look really hard at the Browning Cynergy.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
      Just another opinion, Is he hell bent on an over/under? If not there are several semi-auto shotgun offerings in 20ga that are a blast to shoot. I have a Benelli M2 in 20 gauge that shoots like a dream. Another great one is the Beretta A300/400 series of semi-autos
      He's 1000% hell bent on an o/u. My wife and I bought him a 12ga Beretta A300 as his graduation present back during duck season so he could go ahead and use it and he he loves it.

He wants to use this for dove, etc.

Lots of great info guys.

Thanks!
      Last edited by salth2o; 05-14-2024, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Sighhhhh, you win, fit means nothing.
        In this case and that post, fit as in how the gun goes together, stocks meeting the receiver etc. The gun fitting the shooter is everything.....unless youre happy with 90s and shooting doves over a beer

Comment

Saw this and thought about this thread. A new recoil pad is an easy fix.
          For sale, my beautiful Franchi Instinct L. 20 gauge, 28" barrel, over under. Shot very little. I have the original case, paper, etc. It will come with a total of 6 choke tube and the original wrench. The action is like it came from the factory. It locks up very tightly. It functions perfectly. Cosmetically, it is as close to new as you can expect, some very minor handling marks. The wood is beautiful. Color case hardened receiver. Prince of Wales stock. The ONLY issue is, after sitting in my gun case for 10+ years, the recoil pad has begun to deteriorate. See the pics. This is a very easy fix. For those who don't know, Franchi is an Italian designed shotgun and part of the Beretta family. It is a very nice quality weapon. One you will be proud to show off. I'm sure you have some very nice things to offer me, but I am NOT interested in trades. I am thinning my herd. A bill of sale will be prepared for the transfer. I'm sorry if that offends you, but my gun, my rules. I will expect a valid TX ID, LTC preferred. and will ask that you provide me a copy in advance so the BOS can be ready to go when we meet. Call or text OK. Mike 21four.8zero3-744one

Comment

Franchi SL in 28 gauge​ is what I would want.

Comment

My vote is stick with a used Browning or Beretta as many have mentioned but with 30" barrels. Unless being fitted, a standard stock with either should be fine for most application. Yes it matters but you have to start somewhere. Beretta's can have a 3deg cast but most Brownings if not all are neutral with lengths ranging from 14.5-14.75. If wanting to bump up to a 12ga, the new composite Citori with adj comb would be a solid choice for a little under 2k. If recoil is the concern, lighter loads can always be used but with flexibility of using it for sporting clays, trap, skeet, or hunting. If stuck on a 20ga, I would look hard at used 425, 525, 725 Brownings if one could be found. Beretta 686 pigeon 1 would be in same price range as well but harder to find in 30". 686's are awesome guns while having oil rubbed stocked and nice receivers unlike Citori's. For shooting sport purposes, the Browning tends to handle better for a lot of shooters.

Comment

Working...
              X