CMC AR-15 Drop in Trigger ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMC AR-15 Drop in Trigger ?

Putting this trigger in a Radical Arms 6.5 Grendel for my 9 yo granddaughter.

They offer a 2.5# and a 3.5# in single stage. Ea in straight or curved.

The 2.5# says match grade 3-gun.

The 3.5# says regular.

What's the difference & which one would be best for my application ?

Granddaughter is brand new to hunting.

Thanks, D.

I think i put a 2# 2 stage curved in mine and now wish i would have went 3 or 3.5. The 2 is great for bench shooting not so much for timed events or hunting. i dont care for the AR platform and haven't practice with it enough either.

Comment

For her, I’d go with the heavier one. For me, the lighter one.

and I like the curved trigger on an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by 686PPP View Post
        I think i put a 2# 2 stage curved in mine and now wish i would have went 3 or 3.5. The 2 is great for bench shooting not so much for timed events or hunting. i dont care for the AR platform and haven't practice with it enough either.
        I bought this Grendel cause it was on sale for near 1/2 price. Figgered it'd work good for her w the adjustable stock and low recoil.

I have an AR15 in 5.56 as well. Never shoot it. I'm not a fan either, lol.

Just figgered if everyone else had one them lil blk guns, I mights well too !

I went with the 3.5# curved.
        Signed up for PAs emails and got additional $20 off.

2 delivered for $280.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          For her, I’d go with the heavier one. For me, the lighter one.

and I like the curved trigger on an AR.
          Yes. I have several of their drop ins. I have no complaints.

Comment

I have the straight 3.5 on a radical and have zero complaints. My 11yr old shoots it very well. It’s a 7.62x39 radical

Comment

2.5 straight works very well in my 6.8SPC. Nice crisp, clean break.

Comment

I've got the 3.5" curved in 2 rifles. I like it and haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

For her, I think the 3.5# would be best, I don’t mind it for my own use either. The smooth, crisp break with no over travel is what you’re mainly looking for in a trigger anyway. BTW, I love my ARs for certain things, pig hunting being the main one, coyote hunting being the other.

Comment

I put the 2.5# curved on my Bushmaster. It made a heck of a difference from that mil-spec trigger that came with the gun. I'd get the heavier trigger for her.

Comment

Hate to change anything, lol. But lighter trigger will help her I'm sure.

Checked it w current trigger this a.m. 100 yds.

110gr Black Match :
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_090442_Messages.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	26715869

123gr SST's :

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_085648_Messages.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	26715870

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                        Hate to change anything, lol. But lighter trigger will help her I'm sure.

Checked it w current trigger this a.m. 100 yds.

110gr Black Match :

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_090442_Messages.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	26715869

123gr SST's :

Name:	Screenshot_20240209_085648_Messages.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	26715870
                        Hard to be mad at that! 👍

Comment

I have a couple flat 3.5 and they are great.

Comment

I'd get the lightest trigger possible. I hate any take up in a trigger. When I'm ready to shoot, I'm ready to shoot. Ain't got time to be pressing that trigger for ten frickin years waiting on something to happen. If I can touch the trigger and have a bullet come ripping out of that barrel, that's what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I'd get the lightest trigger possible. I hate any take up in a trigger. When I'm ready to shoot, I'm ready to shoot. Ain't got time to be pressing that trigger for ten frickin years waiting on something to happen. If I can touch the trigger and have a bullet come ripping out of that barrel, that's what I want.
                              Too light for me! And way too light for 9 yo newbie granddaughter, lol.

I've shot a few like that. Had a 700 ADL .270 Prob UNDER 2#. No travel. Deadly accurate from a bench though.
                              Even seen a 700 7mag fire when closing the bolt one time.

I'm gonna stick w 3.5# for now. When she's older and more experienced we may or may not go lighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X