Bog Deathgrip tripod - game changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    If feeder hunting is all you’re doing with them they work great. Otherwise they large, bulky, and not very stable. 200-300 yd shots off them are easy, but there are far better options for stability, size, and weight.

I agree with this 1000%. If you are happy with the Bogs, don’t ever try out a quality tripod or it will end up in the dumpster. I have two Leofotos that I run, a LN-364C and a smaller SA-324CL. Both of these models are a jump in price over the Bog, but there’s absolutely no comparison in stability. Ditching the saddle clamps and moving to ARCA rails makes a huge difference as well.

Last edited by Raider4044; 01-03-2024, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post

I agree with this 1000%. If you are happy with the Bogs, don’t ever try out a quality tripod or it will end up in the dumpster. I have two Leofotos that I run, a LN-364C and a smaller SA-324CL. Both of these models are a jump in price over the Bog, but there’s absolutely no comparison in stability. Ditching the saddle clamps and moving to ARCA rails makes a huge difference as well.

I've been happy with the Bog, but hearing your statement has me wanting to try an upgrade!

Comment

When these bog tripods go on sale through Amazon...what is the typical price?

Comment

[QUOTE=Tony Pic;n26679868]I totally agree. I got mine from a deal alert posted on here. It holds your rifle for perfect shots.[/QUOTE
          I may break down and get one to use in the tower this year.

Comment

Purchased my BOGPOD from a deal alert on here for $90(amazon). I have ZERO issues with it. My rifle goes in and out of it a few times a week and the clamp hold the gun fine in my opinion. It sits in the corner of the dining room by the back door in case a hog, Axis or black buck pops up. Which does happen.

Comment

Bogs are great, but as stated above a bit heavy and bulky.

I just got a Primos Trigger Stick and when stalking prefer that more. Much lighter, and easier to carry and set up.

Blind hunting, bog is solid.

Comment

How does one replace the clamps and/or balls? And what are better/more stabile options?

Comment

BOG's are great. They have a place for the "common" man's needs. No need to spend $1000 for a tri-pod, head and having an ARCA rail installed on your rifle.

Comment

Here's a good deal for anyone wanting a good, lightweight option. Just got mine in today.

Description 9+ Assemblies DIY Modular Tripod- A standard tripod with a mounting base, 3 short tripod legs, a ball head, and a center column, you can freely combine them to assemble different heights of tripods and monopods, or a trekking pole. Full carbon fiber build, the center column, and mounting base with multi 1/4" 3/8" threads or screws,

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      Here's a good deal for anyone wanting a good, lightweight option. Just got mine in today.
                      What clamp system do you use? Link?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post

What clamp system do you use? Link?

I'm just using that tripod with ARCA right now.

Comment

Working...
                        X