Bog Deathgrip tripod - game changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bog Deathgrip tripod - game changer

I got a Bog Deathgrip for Christmas. Took it to the lease yesterday. This thing is amazing. It gives you a rock solid platform to shoot from. Last night, several does and 2 bucks came in about sunset. They were initially about 100 yds away and then went further away. One buck gave me a broadside shot. With my 270 set up on the Bog Deathgrip, I shouldered it and dialed the scope up to 9x and took the shot. I didn't see it run off. So, I figured it was down. My buddy came by in his truck and we went too look for it. We found it and figured it really did drop right where it stood. We ranged back to my pop up and determined it was a 205 yd shot. This tripod is heavy. I may figure out a sling for it for easier carry. Glad I have one. Best tripod out there.

Yep solid for sure

Comment

I have one and it’s a solid tripod. I’ve relegated it to blind use for my daughter to shoot off of.

My main complaint is its weight, and mines the Carbon version. The head itself is almost 4 lbs. I had a bushing 3D printed so I can swap out the head for a ball head which then allows me to use an Arca mount or attach a better clamp. For the record I was given it as a gift as I could have bought a better tripod setup for around the same $ I’ll have in it.

Comment

We have one in each gun blind. When Amazon has them on sale load up

Comment

Yes, my daughters boyfriend has one and I liked it a lot

Comment

I totally agree. I got mine from a deal alert posted on here. It holds your rifle for perfect shots.

Comment

If feeder hunting is all you’re doing with them they work great. Otherwise they large, bulky, and not very stable. 200-300 yd shots off them are easy, but there are far better options for stability, size, and weight.

I bought my son a smaller version of my Leofoto for Christmas, and about to buy myself an identical one. It’s much smaller, lighter, and more compact but still 90% as stable. I wouldn’t have any issues taking it to distance. Only $155 too!
              Attached Files

Comment

Who makes it?

Comment

It’s a Leofoto as well. LS-254C

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    It’s a Leofoto as well. LS-254C
                    Is this model # for the bigger or smaller unit? I have the death grip and love it but when I decide to move in for a closer shot thermal hunting, it's very cumbersome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post

Is this model # for the bigger or smaller unit? I have the death grip and love it but when I decide to move in for a closer shot thermal hunting, it's very cumbersome.
                      that’s the smaller model. I can stand shooting with it just fine, however i am leaned down a bit. Im 6’0 for reference. It comes with an additional center column to give an extra 10-12” of shooting height with it, but I hate center columns. They take away from the stability too much IMO, so I’ll continue to lean down a bit while shooting standing.

Comment

that’s the smaller model. I can stand shooting with it just fine, however i am leaned down a bit. Im 6’0 for reference. It comes with an additional center column to give an extra 10-12” of shooting height with it, but I hate center columns. They take away from the stability too much IMO, so I’ll continue to lean down a bit while shooting standing.
                        Where did you find it for $155?

Comment

I'm 6-1 so we're about the same size. I don't mind leaning in a little, I like to look over the rifle in day time hunting anyway.

Can you share a link where you found it for $155?

Sorry to high jack OP.

Comment

Includes LS-254C Tripod, DC-252C Center Column, Carry Case & Tripod Spike Set. MATERIAL: 10-layer carbon fiber. Toray 100% 10-layer carbon fiber leg tubes feature cross rhombus structure for greater strength, stability and less vibration.

I’ve ordered a handful of items from them, and always had a good experience. Also their rating is 100% at 91K+ transactions, so deal with confidence. I’m usually a bit leery of EBay otherwise.

Comment

For this particular tripod I’m going to leave it the way it is. However if one was inclined to do so they could swap ball heads to a larger ball, or swap clamp devices. I prefer the RRS lever clamps, and a larger ball head will have more stability. If I was to be using this as a night stalking tripod I’d 100% swap the clamp to a lever style clamp. They’re so much quicker and easier to use in the dark. The screw style (this clamp) are good for day use when you can see what you’re doing and not constantly pulling your rifle in and out of the tripod.

Comment

Working...
                              X