No announcement yet.

5.56 70 grain Barnes TSX experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two boxes that are going to just sit.
    my best group was with my 20” pencil barrel that just has irons, second was my shorty with a then the largest was my scoped carbine.
    The pencil and shorty is 1:7 and the scoped rifle was 1:8 which is probably my most accurate one with a great variety of loads tried.
    I doubt I would buy anymore of these ones and mostly stick with the 77 grain Sierra’s or 75 grain bthp and my 55 grain Vmax.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
      Mono bullets create a deep NARROW wound channel. Shoot the 77gr tmk loaded by AAC from palmetto and it’ll wreck anything around here
      ditto, TTSX/TSX works much better with much higher 22-250/220 and 22CM speeds.

77gr TMK is the ticket on hogs and deer.

stand one is who i get mine from

Comment

I had to try them to see how they shot. Good thing I only bought 3 boxes.

Comment

I don't think the TSX is great 5.56 bullet. It needs some more speed, and it's a little small for an all copper projectile. The 77GR TMK is a beast of a bullet and i wouldn't hesitate to shoot almost any north american animal, there's a big thread on the rokslide talking about it.

Comment

the TMK is listed as a target bullet, so that would mean the jacket would come apart turning everything to gel on the inside? what about fragments in the meat?

Comment

I ham found that federal fusion out of the.223 works really good on critters.

Comment

Working...
              X