Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Bobby, this is one of the most under rated optics for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Hey guys...I'm not up on all the optics for AR's. What would be something that would work for both self defense and a little hog hunting? Here's what I need to get optics on. All I have on there now is Magpul BUIS.
      price points?

Comment

Thanks Mike. That looks interesting.

Tommy..good question. Was about to figure out some trade bait for some type of optics. Haven't had time to figure out what I want to get rid of. Can't afford an ACOG or similar right now. Was thinking of a used Eotech or something but there are so many models that I'm a little lost.

Comment

Chew,

The main problem I have found with the Eotech and other heads up type sights is that they are difficult to shoot accurately from a freehand position much past 25 yards. My BIL bought one of the Millet scopes above and it is versatile enough to use at 1x for close up both eyes open work but is powerful enough at 4X to be effective to 100 yards and beyond.

I am probably going to buy one for my AR in the near future.

Comment

two inexpensive options.

vortex sparq
            review here

primary arms 1-4x24

or

nikon m-223 for a little more.

Seems to be lots out there for these pea shooters now

Comment

new extension on the M1 Benelli...boogie man should watch out and sure does help with the quail
              Attached Files

Comment

2 questions...

How good are magpul flip up sights?

Magpul CTR or ACS?

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                  2 questions...

Magpul CTR or ACS?
                  I'm sure Travis will e along to call blasphemy but I didn't like the MBUS sights. Are you planning to put magnified optics on the rifle? If so, get the ACS. If not the CTR would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                    2 questions...

Magpul CTR or ACS?
                    For the money they are good sights.

For a scoped rifle - ACS.

For a light-weight rifle with a red dot - CTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I'm sure Travis will e along to call blasphemy but I didn't like the MBUS sights. Are you planning to put magnified optics on the rifle? If so, get the ACS. If not the CTR would be fine.
                      Guess i need to build another complete lower to separate the issues with my scoped 6.8 and RDS 556 dangit

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Chew,

The main problem I have found with the Eotech and other heads up type sights is that they are difficult to shoot accurately from a freehand position much past 25 yards. My BIL bought one of the Millet scopes above and it is versatile enough to use at 1x for close up both eyes open work but is powerful enough at 4X to be effective to 100 yards and beyond.

I am probably going to buy one for my AR in the near future.
                        X2

Do not like my Eotech at all for hogs

Comment

I might have just struck a good deal with Dale Moser on a vortex strikefire. Should be sufficient for a safe queen! =)

Comment

get you a larue QD and call it good!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                              Guess i need to build another complete lower to separate the issues with my scoped 6.8 and RDS 556 dangit
                              This is what I did, but boooooy did it get expensive QUICK!!

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                                This is what I did, but boooooy did it get expensive QUICK!!
                                its waiting until i find a 260 barrel and accept that im going to cough up money for it

Comment

Working...
                                X