Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    What's an NSN?

And btw, Billy bought an LMT!

How is no one freaking out right now! A Noveske fanboy venturing out to a competitor! What's next? Are you going to start using Magpul products!

Aye Carumba!
    NSN=National Stock Number, which means it can be ordered through GSA for gov't use . makes me happeh.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      What's an NSN?
      And btw, Billy bought an LMT!
      How is no one freaking out right now! A Noveske fanboy venturing out to a competitor! What's next? Are you going to start using Magpul products!
      Aye Carumba!

ha ha ha
      shouldnt you be fondling your 50 cal ?

the NSN is why I bought the LMT.
      I have some magpul products, they make good mags, but Vltor makes better stocks, you'll figure it out one day

Comment

Anybody use the Troy Battle Ax stock? I was at SOG Armory on the beltway looking at them today.....they are built like a tank and have a decen storage compartment inside. I'm thinking one would be great to help with the balance on my 16" bull barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Country View Post
          [ATTACH]238425[/ATTACH]
          Heres my Larue Stealth I just finished. It has an 18" barrel and a 5.5-22x56 Night Force.
          Me likey.

can't wait to get mine done.

Comment

Has anybody bought one of the Nikon m-223 scopes for the AR? If so how is it? I have a junky Barska on it now but it is coming off quick. Cheap junk. Very blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Trav,

I've posted this before but read this again...it's a bit more pain but a pleasure to shoot.

The First Problem: Suppressed AR’s have a lot of felt recoil, increased amounts of carbon build up at faster rate, slower on target for follow up shots and burn lubrication off faster. The First Solution: Build an AR with a much smaller gas port size so that it can utilize the back pressure generated by the suppressor to cycle the weapon. The Second Problem: Dedicated suppressed AR’s will not cycle enough to pick up a second round, making the weapon useless if the suppressor becomes

I have built 3 uppers of these using daniel defense bbls. I get the 16" so I can use the standard carbine .062 or .063 gas port (i forget exactly) And have the bbl cut to 12.5".

With the lmt enhanced bcg and the standard bolt, this small gas port set up works like a charm.

I have not had one malfunction with over 1k rounds with or without the can on....YES, if the can is off my bolt does not lock back on the last shot with the mag in because of the reduced pressure but who cares. AK's and other types don't lock back either. With the can, it locks back on the last shot.

It makes for a very soft shooting gun and I'm running hot 75gr reloads...DD is also offering 10.3, 11.5 & 12.5 ready to go but not sure of th gas port size. 12.5" to me is the best overall length as it keeps it real close to an overall M4 configuration and gives you a bit more velocity for hunting applications.

Most SBR's are over gassed and this dedicated suppressed set up is the way to go imho. I'm not sure if LMT will go small gas ports on their sbr's but you can always ask.

Grant will not give the exact size porting but cutting down the standard carbine and 12.5" has worked for me with those 3 builds. The last one I built for a customer was with the DD lite weight & PRI carbon fiber forearm. LOTS lighter than my anvil of a gun.
              that's what I'm running right now.. DD 12.5 .. and even though i love it ,i ordered a PWS 12.5 as well ... 12.5 is so much gentler on blast baffle and velocities are still good for hunting... best of both worlds really...

Comment

well...just got an email last night from Bryon at Maj. Malfunction. My AAC Tirant is being shipped overnight today!

Time to fill out ppwk and WAIT SOME MORE!!!

But I'm really excited regardless. The SOT I'm going through said I can shoot it any time...he just needs to be with me when I go shoot. Very cool! Main platform will be a S&W M&P 9mm with a Storm Lake bbl.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                  well...just got an email last night from Bryon at Maj. Malfunction. My AAC Tirant is being shipped overnight today!

Time to fill out ppwk and WAIT SOME MORE!!!

But I'm really excited regardless. The SOT I'm going through said I can shoot it any time...he just needs to be with me when I go shoot. Very cool! Main platform will be a S&W M&P 9mm with a Storm Lake bbl.

what length barrel ? to stay subsonic with 147's you need either under 6" or 16" works too .. somewhere between 6 and 10" they go trans-sonic some times...

that Tirant is awesome! ... I went with a SWR trident with 3 lug back when because that was the best carbine suppressor at the time...

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                    Has anybody bought one of the Nikon m-223 scopes for the AR? If so how is it? I have a junky Barska on it now but it is coming off quick. Cheap junk. Very blurry.
                    Ordered on yesterday..supposed to be here Wednesday. Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

So far this is my Tacticool 22. My 6.8 Bison is not as cool as this.
                      Savage Mark II FVSR. Stock and scope upgrade next.
                      Sorry for ruining this AR thread.

Vid with my friend shooting it with his Gemtech on it. Sweet!

Comment

Not tacticool at the moment but it at least is the beginning. Beginning to work on my NFA trust as we speak. Went to the Irving gun show on Saturday with intentions of getting a railed 1911 and found this instead. Been looking for one for quite some time. Guy didn't even know he had on on his table. I just happened to see it while looking. DEFINITELY going to need a trigger job though, ughhhh.

Anyway, I've heard the 45 ACP is a little more finicky to suppress so what is a good suppressor that I *might* not have to fill with water to get the most out of it?

Sent from my iPhone
                        Last edited by Mike D; 05-16-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Not tactical at the moment but it at least is the beginning. Beginning to work on my NFA trust as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone
                          I'm right there with Mike, my trust is at the lawyers being drawn up and finalized right now.

Can't wait.

I am going with a SASS Arbiter in .308. This will go on my bolt gun and on a few of my AR's.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                            what length barrel ? to stay subsonic with 147's you need either under 6" or 16" works too .. somewhere between 6 and 10" they go trans-sonic some times...

that Tirant is awesome! ... I went with a SWR trident with 3 lug back when because that was the best carbine suppressor at the time...
                            the storm lake bbl for my pistol is a 4.95" barrel.

I'd love to eventually register a SBR lower and get a 9mm and 300BLK upper, since you can shoot both through the tirant (per Bryon). Alas...all it takes is $$, which I have none of right now...had to trade and sell all kinds of stuff for this equipment. I WOULD like to get an inexpensive 22 can (YHM Mite or Tac65) for the Buckmark that's headed my way at the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Not tacticool at the moment but it at least is the beginning. Beginning to work on my NFA trust as we speak. Went to the Irving gun show on Saturday with intentions of getting a railed 1911 and found this instead. Been looking for one for quite some time. Guy didn't even know he had on on his table. I just happened to see it while looking. DEFINITELY going to need a trigger job though, ughhhh.

Anyway, I've heard the 45 ACP is a little more finicky to suppress so what is a good suppressor that I *might* not have to fill with water to get the most out of it?

Sent from my iPhone
                              I'm hoping to have an osprey in 45 in 6-7 months, for my 1911's. I decided to go with it so I could use my standard sights, though it is slightly louder. Using Storm Lake for my barrels.

Comment

Working...
                              X