Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The orginal and still the coolest thread on here.

Finished this (this except for maybe a couple of things) last week but got a little busy. Home sick today so I got a couple pictures snapped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Spikes Pistol3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	24310190
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Spikes Pistol4.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	24310191

Spikes stripped reciever
    Mag Tactical Systems Premium LPK W/ Hogue Grip
    KNS Pin Set
    Magpul B.A.D Lever
    Battle Arms Ambi. Safety
    Spikes Pistol Buffer Tube, Spring and ST2 Buffer
    Ergo Never Quit Grip
    Sig SB15 Brace
    Signature Manufacturing Inc. upper - 7.5 inch, 1/8 chrome barrel.
    UTG Pro Lite Handguard
    Magpul AFG
    Explore Optics ER 4X4 with laser

Love the trigger with this LPK.
    May change the rail assy but it is real light and seems to be holding up
    The optic Im not real sure on but didnt want to spend alot on one right now. I havent taken it off and put it back to see if it holds true but it has so far.
    Need a set of BUIS for it and will be ordering a KAK Industries Slim Line Flashcan for it today.
    Last edited by Jp.; 06-16-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post

Finished this (this except for maybe a couple of things) last week but got a little busy. Home sick today so I got a couple pictures snapped.

[ATTACH]628098[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]628099[/ATTACH]

Spikes stripped reciever
      KNS Pin Set
      Magpul B.A.D Lever
      Battle Arms Ambi. Safety
      Ergo Never Quit Grip
      Sig SB15 Brace
      UTG pro lite handguard
      Magpul AFG

The optic Im not real sure on but didnt want to spend alot on one right now. I havent taken it off and put it back to see if it holds true but it has so far.
      Need a set of BUIS for it and will be ordering a KAK Industries Slim Line Flashcan for it today.
      That's slick!!!! I want an AR pistol bad! This one doesn't help lol

Comment

Wow, that is SLICK!!

Comment

Here is how mine looks now in days, but now has the cnc flat trigger

Comment

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

[ATTACH]628098[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]628099[/ATTACH]

Spikes stripped reciever

KNS Pin Set

Magpul B.A.D Lever

Battle Arms Ambi. Safety

Ergo Never Quit Grip

Sig SB15 Brace

UTG Pro Lite Handguard

Magpul AFG

Love the trigger with this LPK.

Looks good.

One thing you want to change is the muzzle device. Look at getting a Noveske flaming pig or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Looks good.

One thing you want to change is the muzzle device. Look at getting a Noveske flaming pig or something similar.
              Already ordered the KAK flashcan Mike. Got it from JoeBobs for 27 and change plus free shipping since they owed me on a return. If I dont like that I'll look into the pig.
              Thanks to all who has posted replys. As y'all know this is worst than any drug and there WILL be more to come.

EDIT--Anyone heard from Travis in awhile? Hope he's ok.

Comment

Already ordered the KAK flashcan Mike. Got it from JoeBobs for 27 and change plus free shipping since they owed me on a return. If I dont like that I'll look into the pig.

Thanks to all who has posted replys. As y'all know this is worst than any drug and there WILL be more to come.

EDIT--Anyone heard from Travis in awhile? Hope he's ok.

Ahhh, not familiar with muzzle device.

Last I talked to Travis he's doing well, just not on TBH much.

Comment

So I am thinking of converting my 5.56 PSA Freedom upper into a .300 blackout. My questions that I have is what all will I need to replace, just the barrel and who make the best barrel for .300? If it is just a matter of unscrewing the 5.56 barrel and replacing it with a .300 barrel than I might be able to do that at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockles5211 View Post
                    So I am thinking of converting my 5.56 PSA Freedom upper into a .300 blackout. My questions that I have is what all will I need to replace, just the barrel and who make the best barrel for .300? If it is just a matter of unscrewing the 5.56 barrel and replacing it with a .300 barrel than I might be able to do that at home.
                    Just a barrel replacement. Not much too it, but you'll need the correct tools like a upper vise block and an AR armorers wrench. Plus a set of punches for your gas block.

Comment

I built my father-in-law a 300 BLK with a PSA CHF 16" barrel and it is really accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Kankles View Post
                        I built my father-in-law a 300 BLK with a PSA CHF 16" barrel and it is really accurate
                        Kankles good to hear from you man! Is there anything that you have not done with an AR? I need to keep you on speed dial!

I have looked at the PSA website and can not find a 300 BLK barrel that they have in stock.

Comment

Kankles good to hear from you man! Is there anything that you have not done with an AR? I need to keep you on speed dial!

I have looked at the PSA website and can not find a 300 BLK barrel that they have in stock.

Ha ha AR's are a grown mans Legos!! You get that issue with your 6.8 fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Kankles View Post
                            Ha ha AR's are a grown mans Legos!! You get that issue with your 6.8 fixed?
                            Sure did! Got everything you sent me the text about and she ran smooth as can be after that. Went with an H2 buffer and replaced/upgraded the extractor spring. I have about 400 rounds down her since I did all that without 1 miss feed.

Comment

Sure did! Got everything you sent me the text about and she ran smooth as can be after that. Went with an H2 buffer and replaced/upgraded the extractor spring. I have about 400 rounds down her since I did all that without 1 miss feed.
                              Awesome brother glad to hear that!

Comment

Did a little work on this one and took it to the range today. Well under 1 MOA even with me on the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X