Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which brand of stripped lower do yall consider to be the best buy for the money to start a build with?

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
      Which brand of stripped lower do yall consider to be the best buy for the money to start a build with?
      Bump

Comment

Originally posted by JSF View Post
        Many are the same quality. Just depends on the logo you want.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
          Many are the same quality. Just depends on the logo you want.
          exactly. stick to one milled from 7075 aluminum and then pic a cheaper lower with a cool roll mark. spend money on the upper and trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            exactly. stick to one milled from 7075 aluminum and then pic a cheaper lower with a cool roll mark. spend money on the upper and trigger.
            Yeap. There is a guy her that will engrave lowers for $50.00.

Comment

I have a couple of spikes, a dpms, and 2 billet lowers. I know people say just get a cheap one, but those billet lowers are really nice pieces. Can't wait to put one together for my next rifle, thinking either 6.8 or 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                I have a couple of spikes, a dpms, and 2 billet lowers. I know people say just get a cheap one, but those billet lowers are really nice pieces. Can't wait to put one together for my next rifle, thinking either 6.8 or 6.5
                I am going with a 6.5 for a LR set up. But been debating on a 6.8 in a 20" barrel also for another build.

Comment

If I do 6.8 I won't go longer than 16", doesn't seem to be much benefit to it when it'll just be a 200 yard and in gun.

Comment

If I do 6.8 I won't go longer than 16", doesn't seem to be much benefit to it when it'll just be a 200 yard and in gun.
                    400 and in man! its potent out further than expected by the kill ranges on 68forums

Comment

I've seen some of those.....I just rarely have an opportunity for a shot longer than 200 and when I know that I'll have the opportunity for a longer shot the 300RUM or 270WSM get to come out of the safe to play.

Comment

I've seen some of those.....I just rarely have an opportunity for a shot longer than 200 and when I know that I'll have the opportunity for a longer shot the 300RUM or 270WSM get to come out of the safe to play.
                        I just like the look of the 20". I have a .300RUM for my long range toy. Well I have 4 or 5 long range toys but the RUM is my baby. I am building a 6.5 and want to try it at 1,000 yards. Just for plinking though.

Comment

Changed the 6.8 up a little, and added a 5.56 to the mix...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381340890.884596.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	24253141

Comment

Originally posted by Kankles View Post
                            Changed the 6.8 up a little, and added a 5.56 to the mix...
                            [ATTACH]558441[/ATTACH]
                            Uh oh.. Now we've got the infamous Kankles 5.56 thrown in the mix. Lol. Looks good amigo

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRealtree View Post
                              Uh oh.. Now we've got the infamous Kankles 5.56 thrown in the mix. Lol. Looks good amigo
                              Ha ha ha thanks man...

Comment

Blackout

Building my first 300Blk

7.5" RMW Xtreme upper
                                Spikes Lower
                                CMC Trigger group
                                AimPoint Comp M4
                                YHM Phantom SS Suppressor with QD
                                MagPul CTR Stock (currently pistol only till form 1 arrives)
                                YHM cheese grater (I wish I could change it out for something smoother but RMW cut the barrel so the QD adapter sticks out just far enough so you can shoot it "loud" but with the can-on it looks integral.)
                                M.A.D. Latch
                                Blueforce Padded sling
                                YHM quick pull pins
                                Etc...
                                It all fits in a briefcase!

More money in this than the truck i drive! oops
                                I'm new here so I don't think I have photo privileges yet. Maybe later.

Form 1 Paperwork should be back by the end of this month

Comment

Working...
                                X