Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm wanting to start my first SBR and I was going to go with a NFA trust to get the paper work taken care of. Who has experience with this route and what advice could be offered? Does anyone know a experienced lawyer in the Weatherford/Fort Worth area that does trusts like this?

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnH. View Post
      So I'm wanting to start my first SBR and I was going to go with a NFA trust to get the paper work taken care of. Who has experience with this route and what advice could be offered? Does anyone know a experienced lawyer in the Weatherford/Fort Worth area that does trusts like this?
      I just used Cole Bryan off I-20 and Hulen street in Ft. Worth for my trust. He charges $250 and mine was done in about 30 minutes. I called several other people that are known for doing NFA trust and they were a couple of days to more than a week.

I bought a Colt 6933 SBR and 7.62 YHM titanium can.

Comment

Optics for 300BLK:

uses...pigs & other critters - daytime shooting & night time with red light (mostly night time). Home defense IF the intruder makes it past 2 mags worth of 9mm Winchester Rangers

Have big ol 3x9 mil dot on it now and it weighs a ton. Want to lighten the load (a bunch).

1) Go back to a simple red dot (SPAC/Strikefire) with say a 3x magnifier for longer shots?
        2) Smaller scope (i.e. Nikon P223 with carbine reticle)?

I'm on a Coca-Cola budget, so under 2 benjamins.

Comment

Remington LTR.308 at 350 and 360 yards.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BOWERIK View Post
            Remington LTR.308 at 350 and 360 yards.
            I thought the LTR was a 20" barrel?

Comment

Remington 700 LTR with the barrel threaded and an AAC 51T muzzle brake installed

Comment

I ordered 2 51t AAC blackout flash hiders on accident. One in 5/8x24 and the other in 1/2x28. Just want to get back what I paid for them. 65 a piece. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

I COPY AND PASTED THIS FROM MY EMAIL. FIGURED SOME OF YALL MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

AGW Armorer Class December 1, 2012
                  AR-15 Armorer Course
                  December 1, 2012

Cost
                  $225.00 per person

Instructor
                  The course will be instructed by David Gregor. Prior to joining Advanced GunWorks David served as Master Gunsmith for the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team as well as U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six. David conducted armorer training courses for law enforcement, military units, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. David's biography can be found here.

Course Description
                  The AR-15 armorer course is designed to enable the student to be self-sufficient in supporting the continued operation of the AR-15 weapon system. Students will learn complete disassembly and reassembly, along with diagnosing, repairing and preventing problems and malfunctions.

With the exception of barrel removal, the student will dissemble and reassemble their personal rifle. Upgrades provided by the student can be installed excluding the following:
                  - items that require machine work
                  - barrels
                  - handguards
                  Barrel removal and headspacing will be demonstrated on a rifle provided by the instructor.

Handout materials will be supplied during the class. Students will be give the opportunity to purchase a AR-15 armorer toolkit as well as a spare parts kit.

Course Highlights
                  History of the AR-15/M-16
                  Nomenclature
                  Method of operation
                  Maintenance
                  Complete disassembly/reassembly
                  Barrel installation and headspacing
                  Diagnosis, repair, and prevention of malfunctions
                  Techniques for short barreled rifles (SBR)
                  Techniques for suppressor operation
                  AR-15/M-16 variants including select fire operation
                  Gas system operation and tuning
                  Options when building or upgrading a rifle

Required Equipment
                  Note taking material
                  AR-15 weapon

Course Deadline
                  Students are requested to be registered and paid by November 30, 2012. Space is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.

Please email us at Courses@AGWPSC.com to reserve a spot today!

Thank you all in Advance,

AGWPSC

Connect with us online
                  Use the links below to connect with us on Facebook.

© Copyright 2010 :: Advanced GunWorks :: All Rights Reserved

Comment

Calling all AR enthusis...

Which one would you recommend?

6.8 SPC
                    6.5 Grendel
                    300 Blackout

Here are somethings I am looking for:

AR Platform
                    Accurate out to 500 meters
                    Ammo readily available (I may eventually reload but not to start out

This gun will not be suppressed and will be used to hunt with (hogs and deer). It will have plenty of rounds of put through it on a regular basis as it will be my new primary go to gun.

I have done the preliminary research but want to get some opinions as to which way you would go. I don't have unlimited money resources but at he same time I do not want to go cheap.

Thanks in advance

Comment

ttt

Comment

ttt

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                          Which one would you recommend?

6.8 SPC
                          6.5 Grendel
                          300 Blackout

Here are somethings I am looking for:

AR Platform
                          Accurate out to 500 meters
                          Ammo readily available (I may eventually reload but not to start out

This gun will not be suppressed and will be used to hunt with (hogs and deer). It will have plenty of rounds of put through it on a regular basis as it will be my new primary go to gun.

I have done the preliminary research but want to get some opinions as to which way you would go. I don't have unlimited money resources but at he same time I do not want to go cheap.

Thanks in advance
                          I'm sure you can hit a target with the 300 Blackout out to 500+ meters but I would trust the section density of the 6.5 and the 6.8 would yield more reliable results.

At 500 Yards(don't have meters) Here is where the stand:
                          6.5mm/123gr 1805 fps with 889 ft/lbs
                          6.8SPC/120gr 1414 fps with 617 ft/lbs

This is from Hornady Ballistics chart http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/...nterSpread.pdf

If you were to go down to the local sporting good store you would have a better chance of finding the 6.8 SPC, but the 6.5mm can be ordered online and delivered to your door so it's not exactly rare.
                          Last edited by Chasin Bacon; 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasin Bacon View Post
                            I'm sure you can hit a target with the 300 Blackout out to 500+ meters but I would trust the section density of the 6.5 and the 6.8 would yield more reliable results.

At 500 Yards(don't have meters) Here is where the stand:
                            6.5mm/123gr 1805 fps with 889 ft/lbs
                            6.8SPC/120gr 1414 fps with 617 ft/lbs

This is from Hornady Ballistics chart http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/...nterSpread.pdf

If you were to go down to the local sporting good store you would have a better chance of finding the 6.8 SPC, but the 6.5mm can be ordered online and delivered to your door so it's not exactly rare.
                            Thanks for the info.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with chasing bacon. If you are going to regularly hunt or shoot at 500 yards then the 6.5 Grendel is the ticket. Hunting ammo is a bit difficult to come by but there are plenty of folks that will load it for you.

6.8 SPC for 350 yards and in purely because of better ammo availability.

500 would be a stretch for a Blackout and suppressed is where it shines best.

Comment

I say this all the time but....

Last AR build for a while 16" 300 BO complete gun I assembled. All from Palmetto. JP trigger, Mark AR scope with Burris Fast fire and Larue mount, KAC Ras rail system.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354161969.986859.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	24145329

Comment

Working...
                                X