Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    Will those cycle the action, or is it a single shot?
    Single shot. The subsonics do cycle the action though.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      well, there are advantages for both ... all I can say on that is that the bullet does not always do what you expect it to do , regardless of design.
      on a large hog , depending on shot placement , a M855 may actually perform better than a soft point 223.....

I had a buddy shoot a big hog with a 270 , using a "hunting bullet " and he actually saw a white spot on the side of the hog as he shot . that bullet made a 6" crater on the side of the hog 's plate but didn't penetrate.

I've also seen guys shooting 7 mag at 80 lbs deer , and the deer runs half a mile before going down ...

all I can say is I use 300 AAC BLackout for just about anything I hunt now , and it seems that supers and subs both seem to do the job just fine ...

so as far as SMK , whether a expanding bullet makes a bigger wound channel or penetrates further than a 2 inch long thumbling bullet ... I really don't know which is truly " better "..

I just know that in my case ... so far they seem to work just fine, and that's all that matters to me !

I didn't mean to start another debate !!!
      i dont even know why you mess with the 300bfd when you have a 338 spectre

Comment

I just got word that my Spikes is in the mail. Ordered it April 1. Its been a long 7.5 months, but have slowly bought mags, eotech 553, case and mags. Before picking it up I plan to grab 500 rounds to break it in nice and proper. Coming with Magpul flip up front and rear sights. Ordering surefire light and laser this week. It has taken me 3 years to decide to spend the money, but with the recent turn of events in Washington, or lack there of, Im thinking my timing couldnt have been better. Excited like kid on Christmas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          i dont even know why you mess with the 300bfd when you have a 338 spectre
          true .. but 300 grain SMK aint cheap! ... the spectre is expensive to shoot ! but it does put the smack down for sure ! i'm surprised you even remember that !

I just got in an ultra light weight 300 blackout barrel painted FDE from who used to be Delta company arms .. they are no longer in business officially , but he owed me so he sent me a barrel and gas tube to make me another ultra light rig for Oklahoma hog control. I made one for my buddy a few weeks back and it was in the 5.xx lbs range .. i'll put this one together soon as well ..

Comment

Originally posted by Strap Assassin View Post
            I just got word that my Spikes is in the mail. Ordered it April 1. Its been a long 7.5 months, but have slowly bought mags, eotech 553, case and mags. Before picking it up I plan to grab 500 rounds to break it in nice and proper. Coming with Magpul flip up front and rear sights. Ordering surefire light and laser this week. It has taken me 3 years to decide to spend the money, but with the recent turn of events in Washington, or lack there of, Im thinking my timing couldnt have been better. Excited like kid on Christmas!!
            Is that a 5.56 or 300?

Comment

Got a question guys, I've never had an AR, but like everyone I want one. So I need some advice. I know nothing really about them aside from regular grub knowledge. What would y'all recommend? Brand, caliber, etc. I can't spend a fortune and would prob have to out it in layaway at a local gun range and pay it out. Thanks

Comment

Go to m4 carbine . net and read!

Lotsa good info. Sometimes it's not what the weapon is made of, but who builds it and how it is assembled.
                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

They have a chart on there to that's very helpful.
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                    They have a chart on there to that's very helpful.
                    Thanks. I looked but said the page was down for a few hours. Ill check it out again soon.

Comment

Finally got my stamp in! Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but here it is.
                      10.2 inch Noveske Rogue Hunter upper
                      Spikes stripped lower
                      ALG Defense ACT trigger
                      Palmetto State LPK with Ergo grip
                      Leatherwood Hi Lux 1-4 CMR scope
                      Burris pepr mount
                      Mount and scope were picked up off SWFA sample list pretty cheap
                      Attached Files

Comment

My custom 308 has arrived!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352583242.580651.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	24138975

Rounds 10-13! Not even broke in yet!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352583268.279724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	24138976

Comment

That'll work!

Comment

Ok I see a bunch of y'all have built your own AR's, and the idea was put into my head a few nights ago. How hard is it for someone new to AR's to build their first one? What about a parts list, like everything I need to build one?

Comment

Just finished gearing up the PWS. Going to add a new JP trigger to see if they live up to the great reviews. Just need time to install it. Hopefully over Thanksgiving.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352688977.772441.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24139293

Don't judge me with my UDE mag on FDE furniture!

Comment

Can we get some Glock love on this thread? Anybody have a tricked out Glock?

I just got a Model 22. Shoots great. Just ordered a 3.5# trigger connector and a SS guide rod.

1911 guys, don't start, I have one of the TBH STI's 1911 in process!

Comment

Working...
                                X