Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    I hate the long wait!
    Mine has just begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilladaddy View Post
      It has a ID of 1.75" and the OAL is 10 3/16"
      So now the question is:

Is 1/8" on each side enough clearance for running a silencer up under the rail?
      Assuming your silencer has a diameter of 1.5"...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Mine has just begun.
        Mine will begin again this summer.

Comment

Im about to submit another lower and a pistol can as soon as Travis tells me which one to buy

Travis,
          where is that great post you made a while back where you narrowed down selections of supressors one should own ?

Comment

I love my Osprey that I'm waiting on. I've shot the tirant on a 9 and it's a nice can, though the full power quiet is hit and miss. Three shots will be sub quiet and the fourth seems to be super charged and very loud.

Though right now the Osprey is probably my favorite by a decent margin. If I was going to pick one it would be that. Plus it looks cool! Which is what is really important.

Knowing what I know now. Normal people should only ever need to buy 2 cans. We all know I'm not normal, and you end up with 10 like I do. Yes, I'm aware I have a problem.

You need a 762 rated can that has a QD system that has adapters for 5/8x24 and 1/2x28. That will cover every caliber from 300 win to .223.

YHM and a couple others probably have the most versatile system. IE the new Saker possibly. AAC is trying but they are changing QD mounts faster than Mers changes Argyle sweaters.

Then buy a 9 mm can in 1/2x28 thread and use it for all your 9mm, pistol, and the smaller 22 calibers. 22 win mag, 22lr, 17, etc. At some point id like to see a take a part 9mm can. With those two cans you have effectively covered 90% of all the possible suppressed and most popular options available.
            Last edited by mesquitecountry; 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

TiRant love....

Yeah, yeah...Bohemian engineering on the laser site cord. Looking to acquire some bike tire tube shortly to remedy that situation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1328985960723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	24051351
              Last edited by BuckySWT; 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                TiRant love....

Yeah, yeah...Bohemian engineering on the laser site cord. Looking to acquire some bike tire tube shortly to remedy that situation.

[ATTACH]311349[/ATTACH]
                Wow, that can is bigger than the pistol.

Comment

lol...yeah

but it's aweful stinkin quiet

not too heavy either, so shooting it is MAS FUN.

we took it out to the ranch this AM and ran a box through it. Shells hitting the bench were louder than the gun going off.

Comment

man...and the hits just keep rollin!

Got home from the SA Rodeo tonight, and lo and behold...the UPS man was kind enough to drop off 2 boxes of 300BLK 208gr Amax Subsonic ammo Thank you ammotogo!

Gonna be a good day, Tater!

heading back out to the ranch to give em a try, get re-zero'd and if they run good...order a bunch after payday on Wed. Just in time for the big hog hunt this weekend

Comment

Ok guys and gals. Having a couple of basic LMT's put together this week for me and a buddy. Both first time AR owners and are pretty pumped about it. Anything specific that we should have added/upgraded that wont break the bank? Would like the SOPMOD stock and upgraded handrail for sure.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by rdorsett View Post
                        Ok guys and gals. Having a couple of basic LMT's put together this week for me and a buddy. Both first time AR owners and are pretty pumped about it. Anything specific that we should have added/upgraded that wont break the bank? Would like the SOPMOD stock and upgraded handrail for sure.

Thoughts?
                        Sopmod is a great stock, anything Magpul will work great and the new Larue stock looks promising. Troy are great rails, and Midwest Industries and YHM are good as well.

Comment

I kinda like the Troy battle axe stock. It's not the prettiest, but it is solid. The Magpul stuff is pretty good too, for me I like having a well balanced gun, so sometimes lighter is not necessarily better.

Comment

Cant go wrong with the Vltor stocks . well made ad solid. ACR would be the second choice if the cheek weld is an issue on the Vltor. Troy handrails are top notch, and dont discount the MOE for simplicity if you arent going to hang all kinds of crap off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                              I kinda like the Troy battle axe stock. It's not the prettiest, but it is solid. The Magpul stuff is pretty good too, for me I like having a well balanced gun, so sometimes lighter is not necessarily better.
                              plus you can store you form 4's in it

or a sammich

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                                plus you can store you form 4's in it

or a sammich
                                It definitely has some storage space in it

Comment

Working...
                                X