Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    the tax is paid so it can be sold already registered therefore requiring a form 4 not a form 1 but you still have to transfer it to you and pay the $200 transfer tax, you just don't have to mess with engraving , form 1 etc...

you didn't think you'd buy a $180 billet receiver and they would pay the $200 tax for you did you ?

you have to pay the $200 regardless .. f1 or f4 ...
    Ok I see. No I didn't expect to get the receiver with stamp already paid that cheap, but was just confused on how it works.

Comment

why are you wanting billet lower ? its not better, just different

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
        Cause I like different.

That's why I put a Spike's bolt in a Colt AR, DUH!

Seriously though I like the looks of the integral trigger guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Barksdale Bandit View Post
          Mike D, nice build! I'm waiting on a LE6933 to show up for my next one.

Question though. Is there any significant improvement to be had with the Spike's BCG over the original Colt? School me!
          Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
            I like the c3 for fit and finish and the tension screw that allows to take all the slop off the upper ... i can't stand the cheap ar feel when the upper and lower have that little wiggle ... with the c3 , you can tension the two and get a rock solid 1 piece feel..

then again most of my uppers are also billet , like my side chargers , and that makes it look like a matching set ...

it's just a matter of preference, but I think if i'm gonna build it , my as well get components that fit snug and look like they belong .

the same stand for the ops-4 side charging upper receiver... if you're going to run a suppressor , there's no comparison ! the total elimination of the gas in the face is enough for me to only use this type from now on...

the only rear charge that doesn't give me gas in the face is the pws , but it's a long stroke piston anyways , so there's no gas tube pointed at your face anymore anyways...

Comment

i dig my C3 as well...not having to mess with the sbr engraving was nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                i dig my C3 as well...not having to mess with the sbr engraving was nice too.
                you got it from Mark too ?

Comment

I looked at the micro Mike. I thought about it but liked the ability to chop stocks and adjust it as she grows on the TC. Cost is about a wash.

Comment

yes...Mark and I do some business together from time to time as well as being good buddies. I'll help him with some collectable items as that is what I really focus on being an 01, and of course I send him folks looking for class III items. I'm actually fortunate to have good relationships with all the ffl's in my area.

Mark hasn't been in the shop as much as usual because his explosive / quarry biz is picking up. I can recommend him for anyone on the green screen wanting to get into this crazy disease but we are a good clip from most of the members.

Comment

here is something cool for the suppressed folks .... the price can't be beat ! preatty cool for suppressor ready bolt rifles ! and at $513 full retail .. I bet it will be picked up from mid $400's ... and win a name like hog hunter... Well!!!!

Comment

here is something cool for the suppressed folks .... the price can't be beat ! preatty cool for suppressor ready bolt rifles ! and at $513 full retail .. I bet it will be picked up from mid $400's ... and win a name like hog hunter... Well!!!!

http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/11HOGHUNTER
                        just can't see how you can choose anything for hogs other than a suppressed AR / SBR...gotta have a semi for those critters.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                          I looked at the micro Mike. I thought about it but liked the ability to chop stocks and adjust it as she grows on the TC. Cost is about a wash.
                          Travis , I think you'll be happier with the TC as well.. the micro is getting mixed reviews with feeding / extraction problems ...

a tight twist MGM barrel would be a good choice , then again with your christiensen connection, I would not be surprised if you come up with something exotic ... buy 2 ... I'lll get one too..BTW I love my suppressed encore in 44 mag !

that reminds me , I probably need to knock the dust off the TC and kill some hogs with it and give the blk a break for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            just can't see how you can choose anything for hogs other than a suppressed AR / SBR...gotta have a semi for those critters.

ahaha...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADQSAYHkBm4"]Merkel RX Helix: bolt action revolution - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

...and how many hogs died in that vid

sorry, but most us humans are faster on follow up shots when you can keep your finger in the trigger guard

Comment

.... and again if the law passes this fall , suppressed deer hunting will just be the gravy on top... no more ears ringing!! my ears are ruined anyways from years and years of abuse... I wish we could have own those toys 20 years ago...
                                WHAT!! When did you hear this?? I hope this passes, it would be sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X