Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    So does the 7.62X39 make a good AR?

Hunting (hogs, deer, whatever around TEXAS) plinking and all the other cool stuff you can do w/an AR?

Anyone here have one??
    you can get a 7.62x39 from mgi , and it will use ak mags that way, so feeding will be more reliable. still the bolt face is thinner since the diameter of the base of the cartridge is bigger... they work ok , I had one and sold it after getting the blk. for the same power , the blk has less recoil , runs cleaner, and suppresses better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      So if you don't buy a complete SBR rifle assembled, how can you get away with a f4 vs f1 since you will install an upper yourself so in effect "manufacturing"?
      c3 defense paid the vat tax upfront , so the stripped lower is then considered an SBR by itself , because the tax has already been paid . the first one I got was originally approved as multi cal , so the paperwork doesn't even have a caliber listed on it ..the second one I got had to get amended with a caliber to go through .. which is irrelevant anyways if you have multiple uppers , as long as it's not a permanent change , it's ok to put any uppers on anyways.

I just preferred the cleaner look of a factory SBR, don't want my name or the name of my trust on there, in case I wanted to sell it later, or if it got lost or stolen....

My pws factory SBR doesn't have any markings on it either BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        c3 defense paid the vat tax upfront , so the stripped lower is then considered an SBR by itself , because the tax has already been paid . the first one I got was originally approved as multi cal , so the paperwork doesn't even have a caliber listed on it ..the second one I got had to get amended with a caliber to go through .. which is irrelevant anyways if you have multiple uppers , as long as it's not a permanent change , it's ok to put any uppers on anyways.

I just preferred the cleaner look of a factory SBR, don't want my name or the name of my trust on there, in case I wanted to sell it later, or if it got lost or stolen....

My pws factory SBR doesn't have any markings on it either BTW.
        I'm still confused. You bought a stripped lower that was for an SBR?

I still don't see them on their site. Can you direct me to a link?

Comment

I believe that eventually the 300 will have 20-1 sales over the 6.8. It does not have the long range capability as its good to about 350 or so but it definitely has enough punch. I was shooting 110 grain VMax Hornady Whisper marked loads and took down 4 elk in October. When I put it in the boiler room, the elk were going down fast and hard. That's a 1000 pound animal! I even dropped a 500 pound cow in her tracks with a single neck shot.

IMYM,

Where are you hearing this rumor about cans and hunting? I wish they would change it to all NFA!

Comment

They changed that price real quick!
            Wow. It was $49 just last night. Man I wish I would have just ordered the dang thing. I was gonna try and look up a FFL in Austin to order it this evening. Ya snooze ya loose I guess.

Comment

Midway has 115 grain FMJ for 11.99. That's getting down there to 5.56 prices! I bet you see someone break 10.

I plan on building a TC encore and making a 26.5" 300 Blackout with 16" barrel and brake so that she can take her first deer with it, year after next.

Comment

Is this the c3 lower you are talking about?

Read on a different forum that somewhere on the site it says the tax stamp is not paid. The drop down menu on the right to "sbr" it is only for the engraving.

Comment

ahah.. that's funny right there... Robert don't know jack about hunting , and took his first hog not so long ago... and he wanted an all inclusive hunt so he doesn't even have to touch the thing... I don't think that makes him an expert in that field! on another note i never bashed the 6.8 or said it was worse , all I'm saying is that the 300 BLK works well on deer and hogs... and the person saying it's not has obviously never tried... I think i'm 8 for 8 with supers and subs...I know a guy in the south who whacked 3 deer this season with 220's and two fell right there and one went 25 yards... and that's with subs... with supers there's no question that it would do great on deer to 200 easy ... which is as far as most deer in texas get shot ... 50 to 100 yards being more realistic as a common distance. I sure see lots of people getting rid of their 6.8 uppers on this site lately...

anyhow, it's all a matter of preference in the end... i've shot a few hogs with 7.62x39 and they all were DRT. 6.8 would probably do great too , but I just like the versatility of the 300 blk better.... and again if the law passes this fall , suppressed deer hunting will just be the gravy on top... no more ears ringing!! my ears are ruined anyways from years and years of abuse... I wish we could have own those toys 20 years ago...

no arguement here, its the caliber of the decade

Silvers is very entertaining, He's the Master of Propaganda for sure

Comment

with the low cost/high availability of 7.62x39 ammo......and the reliability of AK47 style rifles from certain manufacturer's ...... I will continue to shoot this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                      Is this the c3 lower you are talking about?

Read on a different forum that somewhere on the site it says the tax stamp is not paid. The drop down menu on the right to "sbr" it is only for the engraving.
                      the tax is paid so it can be sold already registered therefore requiring a form 4 not a form 1 but you still have to transfer it to you and pay the $200 transfer tax, you just don't have to mess with engraving , form 1 etc...

you didn't think you'd buy a $180 billet receiver and they would pay the $200 tax for you did you ?

you have to pay the $200 regardless .. f1 or f4 ...
                      Last edited by imyomama; 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

They changed that price real quick!
                        actually, that price was going on for a couple weeks. i was tempted to buy one, but its made by the same group who makes Spikes. at $50, id be willing to get it. they do it quite often, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                          Midway has 115 grain FMJ for 11.99. That's getting down there to 5.56 prices! I bet you see someone break 10.

I plan on building a TC encore and making a 26.5" 300 Blackout with 16" barrel and brake so that she can take her first deer with it, year after next.
                          Or you could just buy this for her.

Advanced Armament Corp Remington 7 bolt action 300 AAC Blackout has a lightweight 16" barrel with a 1:8 twist and has been nitride for extreme hardness and longe

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            actually, that price was going on for a couple weeks. i was tempted to buy one, but its made by the same group who makes Spikes. at $50, id be willing to get it. they do it quite often, actually.
                            Yeah, I'm tossing around what I want to do with my pending 300 blackout rifle, buy a complete rifle or build from scratch.

I know they had them for $49 back during Thanksgiving. I'm actually surprised they haven't gotten into build blackout uppers yet.

Comment

that makes no sense ! why would it be not as good as a deer cartridge ?

2230fps and 1380 ft-lb of energy from a 16" ar 125 grain bullet is more then plenty to kill a deer , or hog!! Results are in from people that have taken deer this season even with the subsonics with great success... it makes no sense to say it's good for hogs but not deer...

so yes it's definitelly not popular with the 6.8 lovers , but everyone else who has one or has shot one loves it ...

and based on the chart below ,compared to the 115's in 6.8 , the difference is really not that much anyways ..and within 100ft-lb from each other ... not hardly enough difference to claim that the 6.8 is "that much better for deer"

the characteristics of the projectile itself ,would have much more impact on how well it performs on deer than the 100 ft-lbs

and BTW 7.62 it makes a bigger hole than 6.8 too!

we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one ....

on another note , people that have shot 6.8 and 300 blk side by side have to agree , even for people shooting supersonic un-suppressed , the 6.8 is way louder , and has more recoil ... the 300 blk due to it's small powder capacity is very efficient , and much quieter to the shooter in a un-suppressed hunting situation...

This may be a mute point soon in Texas as rumors are that a law allowing to deer hunt with suppressors is in the works ...

Overview of the AAC 300BLK development, comparisons to other common ammunition, ballistics info, and host weapon system comparisons. (>>Download

please go back and read again. i never said it wasn't a good one. i just said that the 6.8 is better. better down range trajectory and energy. When the man who developed it has stated it, it must be true . Add to it that the 300 is having to ramp up bullet design for its short case and velocity, its development is behind the 6.8. What makes the 300 "Better" overall, is the fact that remington bought AAC and is taking over the ctg development because they were so heavily invested in it.

again, not knocking the round. its similar to the argument of 6.5 and 6.8 choose your pill and kill however you want.

Comment

the tax is paid so it can be sold already registered therefore requiring a form 4 not a form 1 but you still have to transfer it to you and pay the $200 transfer tax, you just don't have to mess with engraving , form 1 etc...

you didn't think you'd buy a $180 billet receiver and they would pay the $200 tax for you did you ?

you have to pay the $200 regardless .. f1 or f4 ...
                                Wish they had it available as a registered lower in the C315E solid billet receiver.

So to buy this lower you just send a copy of your trust/LEO signature to them when purchasing and then what. Do they fill out the Form 4 or is it transferred locally then all the NFA hoops are done at my local NFA dealer?

Comment

Working...
                                X