Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i'm going to sound like a broker record again , but the PWS 308 is just bad to the bone (but 8lbs 12 ounces still (
    .. I saw one at my dealer , but the $$ was over my budget considering I bought an ISIS and SDN-6 the same day ... it feels really light for what it is , it's piston of course, and well made .. I want one ! However , since I got my 9" blackout , there's no reason ! everything i've shot at with the BLK has expired swiftly... I do like the scar 17 ,but there's mixed reviews on reliability and accuracy , so PASS!

I like the Christensen concept , but then again, the 300 blk with 9" is light enough and doesn't justify the extra $$ for the Christensen.

now if I was hunting mountain top to mountain top in colorado that could be different.. but i'm not ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      well, i'm going to sound like a broker record again , but the PWS 308 is just bad to the bone (but 8lbs 12 ounces still (
      .. I saw one at my dealer , but the $$ was over my budget considering I bought an ISIS and SDN-6 the same day ... it feels really light for what it is , it's piston of course, and well made .. I want one ! However , since I got my 9" blackout , there's no reason ! everything i've shot at with the BLK has expired swiftly... I do like the scar 17 ,but there's mixed reviews on reliability and accuracy , so PASS!

I like the Christensen concept , but then again, the 300 blk with 9" is light enough and doesn't justify the extra $$ for the Christensen.

now if I was hunting mountain top to mountain top in colorado that could be different.. but i'm not ...
      Oh, I will have a 300 blk, just would like to have a .308 pattern rifle as well but not at the weights most of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Oh, I will have a 300 blk, just would like to have a .308 pattern rifle as well but not at the weights most of them are.
        well, PWS makes a piston 300 BLK too now... and if I didn't already have mine , i'd be getting that one too...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          well, PWS makes a piston 300 BLK too now... and if I didn't already have mine , i'd be getting that one too...
          you might could always cut me a deal on it and keep me from buying a new one. lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
            you might could always cut me a deal on it and keep me from buying a new one. lol jk
            it's kinda like my wife....I'll let you look at it .. but you can't have it ..

she's even prettier , (and deadlier ) with the NV on it !

Comment

I'm digging it. I cant wait till after the first of the year when i can get started on mine. Is that can under the rail on there?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                I'm digging it. I cant wait till after the first of the year when i can get started on mine. Is that can under the rail on there?
                yeah 9" barrel , 308 titanium can , 12" handguard ..3" recessed so threads are protected ..
                makes the whole gun roughly the same length as a regular m4 unsuppressed

Comment

ok...UPS and USPS are fixin to be really busy over at Casa de Bucky...

lots of stuff is gonna be rolling in...including a Wilson Combat 300BLK Barrel, quad rail, LMT BCG, BCM gunfighter charging handle, QD scope base, etc...

Lower has been complete for a long time. Did some horse trading and got the funds together to build what I really want.

AND....

100 rds of these came in this afternoon.

what a tease!!! bullets and no gun to shoot em out of

Comment

well...USPS showed up with an armload of boxes today

still a few more to go...and one big one from UPS arriving on Tuesday from Arkansas.

BUT...I got my BCG, Quad rail, gas tube, and light mount in today.
                    Got the light mount from Mini-Sniper, so I can put my hog light on my AR...figured heck, it's got a pressure switch and everything...why not?? Too redneck?

anyway...pieced it together to get a better picture of what it's going to look like. I like it so far.

pic of the Mini-Sniper (red) got the switch mounted of the vertical grip.

Comment

Bucky
                      where did you find the LMT-BCG ?

Comment

Bravo Company has been my friend as of late...

and their shipping is blistering fast.

Comment

last time I looked there they were out of stock, good to see them rolling back in.
                          thanks.

Comment

no problem!

I know there's a million and one types of gun oil out there.

What is the best stuff to get?
                            SLiP 2000?

Comment

More love from the postman today!

AND...my barrel is in transit from Mesquite, TX as of 8 PM tonight, headed to San Antonio. If they go out tomorrow (which I doubt)...it'll be in my hot little hands in the evening. Otherwise...Tuesday.

Comment

Does anyone know if a Colt LE6920 has a mil-spec buffer tube or commercial?

Comment

Working...
                                X