Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been researching upper end AR's and have a quesion for you experts. The 2 things I am looking for is extreme accuracy and a light weight rifle. So far everything I want can be found with the LaRue PredatAR 5.56

Is there anything out there that is in the 6.5 lbs range i should consider?

Comment

Here's mine I just got my suppressor last week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
        I have been researching upper end AR's and have a quesion for you experts. The 2 things I am looking for is extreme accuracy and a light weight rifle. So far everything I want can be found with the LaRue PredatAR 5.56

Is there anything out there that is in the 6.5 lbs range i should consider?
        at the risk of sounding like a broken record .. yes PWS! here's mine ... it light , awesome and if you shoot suppressed this piston system rocks! and no gas in the face..

Comment

ok, as promised.. here's the universal mount for flashlight .. it will mount to picatinny or scope, and is qd lever , even has rubber insert not to mess up scope finish ... bought at gun show for $20

Comment

and here is the noxx red led focuseable flash light.. across the street first and second pics is 45 yards , third and fourth to my side neighbor is 20 yards.. 1st and 3rd pics are zoomed in , 2nd and 4th zoomed out..

Comment

Dpms

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                Dpms
                What about it?

Comment

Speaking of .308 ARs, what happened to the sub 7# 308 that AR Performance kept bragging that they were going to build a couple of years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Speaking of .308 ARs, what happened to the sub 7# 308 that AR Performance kept bragging that they were going to build a couple of years ago?
                    Only team that I know that can do it without sacrificing the barrel is Christensen Arms.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                      Only team that I know that can do it without sacrificing the barrel is Christensen Arms.
                      You're determined to get me to buy a dang Christensen ain't ya?

Comment

Ha! After I get my Blaser barrels wrapped, I'll be looking at 5 setups! The stuff works!

Comment

After having got to fondle a SCAR last week I don't think there is any other .308 platform I'd rather have.. Hands down beats any AR10 I've ever owned..

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                            After having got to fondle a SCAR last week I don't think there is any other .308 platform I'd rather have.. Hands down beats any AR10 I've ever owned..
                            Jamie, doesn't it use the Armalite pattern? How hefty was it? Also, how much are SCAR-H running these days?

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              Jamie, doesn't it use the Armalite pattern? How hefty was it? Also, how much are SCAR-H running these days?
                              What was most noticable was how light the thing is with a loaded mag.. Its like under 8 pounds... It feels thin.. Its really unlike any .308 Ive ever held.. Compaired to what Ive owned with AR10s and FALs, there is no competition.. The SCAR is carryable and useable all day//

I think the guy whose I got to fondle paid like $2700.. I saw one for sale a month or two ago over on texas hunting forum.. Some guy on there gets them from time to time...

I think you would love one Travis.. Though the 300 road you are on may be suiting all your needs at a lesser cost..

You know me.. I have not been to hyper on guns in a while but that gun but man.. If I could find a way to get one I would..

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                                What was most noticable was how light the thing is with a loaded mag.. Its like under 8 pounds... It feels thin.. Its really unlike any .308 Ive ever held.. Compaired to what Ive owned with AR10s and FALs, there is no competition.. The SCAR is carryable and useable all day//

I think the guy whose I got to fondle paid like $2700.. I saw one for sale a month or two ago over on texas hunting forum.. Some guy on there gets them from time to time...

I think you would love one Travis.. Though the 300 road you are on may be suiting all your needs at a lesser cost..

You know me.. I have not been to hyper on guns in a while but that gun but man.. If I could find a way to get one I would..
                                Nice! None of the 308 semi guns interest me either.

Comment

Working...
                                X